• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walking in mid March?

Gauri

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Santiago - April, May 2002

From Roncesvalles March 2018
I am from India and am planning to walk from Roncesvalles with a friend starting 11th march. I walked from SJPP in April 2002 with my husband, but this time he will be home taking care of our two daughters. Anyone else planning to leave around the same time?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am from India and am planning to walk from Roncesvalles with a friend starting 11th march. I walked from SJPP in April 2002 with my husband, but this time he will be home taking care of our two daughters. Anyone else planning to leave around the same time?
I will be leaving st jean march 10 so i will most likely see you on march 11 in Roncevalles.
Frank
Pensacola Florida USA

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We - me, husband and 2 boys are leaving sjpdp on Sunday 18th

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
We - me, husband and 2 boys are leaving sjpdp on Sunday 18th
Trevor from Australia I am leaving SJPP on the 15/16th March.

Yes, myself and a good friend will be leaving SJPP 18 or 19 March. Not long now, time seems to be speeding up!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, myself and a good friend will be leaving SJPP 18 or 19 March. Not long now, time seems to be speeding up!!!
Keep an eye out for four very tired Aussies - mum, dad and two children. We are arriving in sjpdp on the 18th, departing on the 19th :) We would love for you and your friend to say hello.

Trevor, we might catch up to you at some point :)

Keep an eye out for four very tired Aussies - mum, dad and two children. We are arriving in sjpdp on the 18th, departing on the 19th :) We would love for you and your friend to say hello.
That would be awesome, I hope we do!!!
As neither of us have done this before, we have no idea whether we'll be walking faster or slower than the other people.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Trevor,

I am Jim from London Canada. I am leaving SJPdP on the 16th for my first camino! I'm starting to get very excited! Is this your first camino as well?
Hi Jim,
No its my fourth Camino third from St. Jean, I will be the slow old fella as I have a foot problem and will taking it slowly, also I am in no rush have plenty of time. See you on the Camino.

Hi there, my husband and I are eyeballing the 15th of March to leave from SJPdP though there is a chance we may choose to leave the 16th as we just found out recently that his family originated from close to there so we may spend the extra day exploring for him. Hopefully we will see you some point on the way.

Hi there, my husband and I are eyeballing the 15th of March to leave from SJPdP though there is a chance we may choose to leave the 16th as we just found out recently that his family originated from close to there so we may spend the extra day exploring for him. Hopefully we will see you some point on the way.
I am leaving on the 15/16th. it would be good to see some friendly faces.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Me and my friend will start from Estella 15th of march hope to see you out there, Buen Camino!

If all goes well, we should be in estella on the 15th as well! See you then. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My wife and I should be in Roncesvalles on the 11th (or maybe the 12th if jet lag is too rough). Perhaps we may may see you there.
Buen Camino

Hi! I arrive in SJPP on 3/18 and will start the walk 3/19. I am curious how you are getting to SJPP. I am taking train from Madrid to Pamplona and a cab from Pamplona to SJPP. I am looking for anyone to split the cost (100 Euro) if I can.

Hello EWard, That's a bummer, sorry, We are flying in to Paris, then train to Lourdes. Staying in Lourdes a couple days, then train to St Jean pied de port on either 17 or 18 March. Plan to start walking 18 or 19 Mar.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi I will be in SJPDP on 16 March. I fly into Biarritz in the morning of the 16th. I fly out in about 5 hours time ex Aus. Looking for transport to SJPDP ex Biarritz on morning of 16th March.

I used Trainline to book our train ride. It is cheap. It was approx 18€ from Lourdes through Bayonne to St Jean pdp.
thetrainline.com

@EWard no need for a taxi, ALSA has a bus running from Pamplona to SJPDP on 18 March. It leaves the Pamplona bus station at 14:30, gets to SJPDP at 16:15. I did a search and here's a screen shot:

Pamplona to SJPDP.jpeg

Hi we're starting not far from Santiago for a taster of the camino in a week, probably around Ponteferrada or Villafranca on the 20th. I'm not sure if it's going to be very cold, and how many of people will actually be walking at this time? I hope we won't be alone!

I am walking, started today. I was going to stay at Valcarlos but could not find the albergue so carried on to Roncesvalles. An hour and a half out of Roncesvalles it started hailing, then snowing. It came down hard and got VERY cold. I have a chill. I had on thermal, shirt and jacket. Gloves got wet. I was glad to get inside. There are heaps of pilgrims walking now. There were at least 15-20 at SJPdP.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back