• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walking the Ingles at Easter?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm walking the Coastal Camino in Portugal during Easter, I have been reading your posts on the Forum and it would be fun to see you in Santiago. Wonder if I could recognize you from your avatar?
Buen Camino to you.

Al...my brother! Had I only known I would have changed my plans.
Fellow pilgrims...should you have the opportunity to meet Al on Camino you are indeed fortunate. His wisdom is only surpassed by his quick wit and sincere concern for all things Camino.
Buen “safe travels and all blessings” Camino
Arn

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ah touching comments guys. I feel all loved up now! :)
Unfortunately Elkland the avatar is a fair representation. My father was a good singer but not very handsome and I didn't get the singing genes. :(
Yep, will call in Nate.
Too much, too much Arn!
Buen Caminoes kiddos.

Last edited:
We'll be there two weeks before you for our very first Camino. So excited.
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi!

Did it in October and loved every bit of it (yes, even the steep hill before Bruma)...
But we went a bit crazy and divided it in three stages... 40+km a day was a killer...

Will do Santiago - Finisterre during Easter!

Buen camino! ;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm planning to arrive in Ferrol on March 29. I want to stay a few days to catch the festivities, and I plan to start walking Monday after Easter. It's my first Camino, and I have the accompanying excitement and nerves.

€83,-
We will be just behind you Al. We will start walking this route on Wednesday 28th March. Hoping to arrive into Santiago Easter Sunday morning This will be Camino number 5! Can anyone point me in the direction of baggage transfer for this route? Trying to convince my mother to take it easy on herself this year and get her bag transferred.

Correos do baggage transfer. You can organise the transfer daily or for the whole time if you have pre-bookings. Paper forms can be had I think from the Correos offices, some accommodation and maybe on-line.

Do note that if they say they will collect your pack at 7.00am they really mean it. We were in the Garelos at Betanzos when they came for the packs and some were not ready. They were not pleased....
It seems efficient but we did not use the service so cannot speak from experience.

Correos do baggage transfer. You can organise the transfer daily or for the whole time if you have pre-bookings. Paper forms can be had I think from the Correos offices, some accommodation and maybe on-line.

Do note that if they say they will collect your pack at 7.00am they really mean it. We were in the Garelos at Betanzos when they came for the packs and some were not ready. They were not pleased....
It seems efficient but we did not use the service so cannot speak from experience.

Thank You Tia. That seemed to be the only one we came across online. Do you have to give Correos the exact albergue you will be staying in or is there a general location where they drop the bags? We like to choose albergues on arrival and generally try to stay in the municipals.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think that they may only deliver to hostals or private albergues but you might be able to e-mail them to find out if you don't get an answer here.
I know that they deliver to the Garelos in Betanzos and Meson Novo near Bruma because they had the forms on show.

On the English Route, there is only one albergue in a town, so that makes it easy! It was explained to me that Correos will deliver to any place that one might sleep, including hotels on/near the route. I'm not sure if there's an option to pick up the bags at the post office in a town, but it seems like having them drop at the albergue should work for you. Several years ago we used a company called Jacotrans, but it seems like Correos is the main transport service now on the English Route.

If I'm being ambitious I would like to walk in the Ingles this Easter - it would be the Thursday-Tuesday over Easter. Lots of things to think about - which I'll post about in a second!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hey Al, We’ll be two days behind you. Starting from Ferrol on the 25th. Maybe we’ll see you along The Way or in Santiago for Easter. Buen Camino!

Last edited:
My husband, our son and I will be walking from A Coruña on Sunday, March 25th, since we don't care about collecting any more Compostelas, and continuing to Fisterra and Muxia - hopefulle we'll be in Muxia on Sunday April 1st, flying from Santiago on Monday.

So we might very well meet somewhere - do say hello! I'm the one with the turquoise backpack and braided hair...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Me and my two friends are going to start the Camino Inglés on March 24th.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Al, I’m quoting the wrong thread but it seems you commence Camino Inglés the same day as me: Saturday 24th March, 2018? I’ll arrive in Ferrol on the first bus from Santiago de C and depart for Neda immediately I get my bearings. This is my first Camino and I’m so relieved there’ll be other people on the way. I had visions of nary a soul but me for the duration.

Hola JAVS79. I’ll be starting the Inglés on Saturday 24th from Ferrol, bussing in that morning from Santiago de C. I go only as far as Neda that day.
Hi KathKleinguti1. We fly from Lisbon to Coruña Saturday morning, then catch a train to Ferrol where we will start our Camino.
We will stay at Pension Maragoto in Neda because we are going to arrive there a bit late. Next day we will be staying at Pontedeume.
Probably we will see you in the Camino.

Hi KathKleinguti1. We fly from Lisbon to Coruña Saturday morning, then catch a train to Ferrol where we will start our Camino.
We will stay at Pension Maragoto in Neda because we are going to arrive there a bit late. Next day we will be staying at Pontedeume.
Probably we will see you in the Camino.
Ah, I apologize for being a bit ditzy with the two threads. Thank you and I may well stay at the same pension as it happens. Have you booked all your accommodation in advance? I’ve been in two minds about that.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ah, I apologize for being a bit ditzy with the two threads. Thank you and I may well stay at the same pension as it happens. Have you booked all your accommodation in advance? I’ve been in two minds about that.
We made a reservation at Pension Maragoto and Albergue Real at Sigueiro in advance.

Bit of envy here. I am coughing, sneezing. And feeling weak. So looks like s few days holiday instead. Buen Camino all. However, not wanting to muss out completely an soending weekr
End in Miño.

€83,-
We had a problem with our flight in Lisbon. Our flight has been canceled and We're flying tomorrow.
We Will make two stages in one day.

I didn't walk after all - I had a stroke on the 23rd of March, and got to spend Easter in a rehabilitation ward.

Apart from seeing double, I'm now in good shape, and will be walking the Ecumenical Route in Germany in the summer - I hope.

I didn't walk after all - I had a stroke on the 23rd of March, and got to spend Easter in a rehabilitation ward.

Apart from seeing double, I'm now in good shape, and will be walking the Ecumenical Route in Germany in the summer - I hope.

Holy moly @HeidiL, that must have been scary... Hope you will keep up your good shape and won't have too much trouble seeing double. Guten weg for the Ecumenical Route.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

So sorry to hear this Heidi .
Hope that everything will be better soon.

Wish you well , Peter .

!!!!!:eek:
Wow, Heidi, I'm very sorry to hear this. You never know, do you?
Best wishes for the best possible recovery, and a very good walk this summer on the Ecumenical Way!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Oh dear! Recover soon Camino friend! Any help/info you need to walk the Ecumenical Pilgrims Way, I am at your disposition. BC SY

Heidi, so glad you are on the mend. You have a name that brings happy associations for me. Take care.

Just saw your post @HeidiL - so sorry to hear this. Must have been scary, but you sound very positive and your progress sounds excellent. Buen Camino for your continuing recovery!

I am another person who has only just come across your message, Heidi. Sorry to hear what happened but pleased to hear of your speedy and continuing recovery. All the very best for your walk this summer.

Likewise Heidi. Hope you have recovered too from the cold Al
Love and prayers

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back