• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walking the Ingles end of May/ early June?

KayVee

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017)
Hi all, I’m hoping to walk the Camino Ingles in late May/ beginning of June. I have ~7 days to do the walk which I hope will be enough. Three questions for those who’ve walked it before: a) for all my previous caminos, I’ve always carried my bag - but this time my sister-in-law might be coming with me, and this would be her first time on any Camino. She will be more amenable to coming along if I could assure her that her bag would be transported. Is there good, reluable bag transport on this route? b) I’m hoping to stay jn albergues - are they open and can I walk in? or because of covid, does one have to book ahead? c) do I need to carry a sleeping bag or would a sleep sack be enough? I’m always very cold at nights. Not sure if albergues still offer blankets or if that’s gone away due to covid restrictions. Any other insights from folks who’ve walked recently would be great…thanks so much!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm walking it in three weeks time, so I'll be happy to provide a full report on the albergues afterwards.

I'm told by a reliable source (@Mark McCarthy ) that Correos are the only source for bag transportation on that route. Check in with him and consider getting his excellent guidebook too.

By then, I'd guess a sleep sack should be sufficient, and if not, most albergues will offer blankets if you are cold.

Buen Camino!

As @JohnLloyd says, Correos are the only company currently offering bag transport from Ferrol, although this service starts at Easter. You can pre-book your whole route using this link or book day-by-day while en route. There should be address envelopes available in your accommodation in Ferrol. Current cost EUR 25. They are very good at replying to email enquiries as well.

PAQMochila.JPG

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm walking it in three weeks time, so I'll be happy to provide a full report on the albergues afterwards.

I'm told by a reliable source (@Mark McCarthy ) that Correos are the only source for bag transportation on that route. Check in with him and consider getting his excellent guidebook too.

By then, I'd guess a sleep sack should be sufficient, and if not, most albergues will offer blankets if you are cold.

Buen Camino!
thank you! i look forward to your report. if you could post your stages and places you stayed at, would be super helpful

Hi all, I’m hoping to walk the Camino Ingles in late May/ beginning of June. I have ~7 days to do the walk which I hope will be enough. Three questions for those who’ve walked it before: a) for all my previous caminos, I’ve always carried my bag - but this time my sister-in-law might be coming with me, and this would be her first time on any Camino. She will be more amenable to coming along if I could assure her that her bag would be transported. Is there good, reluable bag transport on this route? b) I’m hoping to stay jn albergues - are they open and can I walk in? or because of covid, does one have to book ahead? c) do I need to carry a sleeping bag or would a sleep sack be enough? I’m always very cold at nights. Not sure if albergues still offer blankets or if that’s gone away due to covid restrictions. Any other insights from folks who’ve walked recently would be great…thanks so much!
I'll be on the Ingles again in May. I normally just carry a sleeping bag liner during warmer times, but plan on staying in private accommodations this camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Buen Camino!
Caminofacil also provides luggage transfer service on the Ingles. I used them last August. They even agreed to go to a hotel that was not on their drop down list when I contacted them.

I plan to begin walking the Ingles this coming Tuesday, March 15th. Can let you know how it goes.
As Bill said Taxi Camino Ingles is available, probably year round: WhatsApp 34 611 069 785. taxicaminoingl.es
I have not used them, they get good reviews on Spanish pilgrim’s web sites. I ‘m keeping this information, just in case, I get into 🚶🏽‍♀️trouble.

Buen Camino!

Starting off from from Ferrol I, too will be following your footsteps after finishing the Ruta do Mar the first day of May. It would be great and very helpful to see your report on your experiences along the Camino Inglés if you post here on the forum:)
Buen camino JohnLloyd!

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences. I'm especially interested in lodging options for Bruma. Last time I stayed at one of the Casa Rurals in the area, but looking for something different this time.

I'll be walking from El Ferrol-- staying the night there on May 23rd, and will begin walking on the May 24th, taking it slower than suggested pace in guidebooks. Expect to arrive in Santiago on May 31st.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great to see so many people plannjng to walk this route. I will follow in your footsteps. If anyone plans to start around the 28th or 29th of May, do let me know.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences. I'm especially interested in lodging options for Bruma. Last time I stayed at one of the Casa Rurals in the area, but looking for something different this time.
I stayed at Hotel Canaima: in O Mesón do Vento. The room was nice and clean and they have a restaurant there, where bunch of fellow pilgrims and I had dinner together. There is a reception desk in the lobby but when I was there I had to go into the bar to find someone to to check me in. The staff was nice and courteous as well.

I stayed at Hotel Canaima: in O Mesón do Vento. The room was nice and clean and they have a restaurant there, where bunch of fellow pilgrims and I had dinner together. There is a reception desk in the lobby but when I was there I had to go into the bar to find someone to to check me in. The staff was nice and courteous as well.

Nice, thanks, I made a reservation at Canaima. Do they pick you up on the Camino, or did you walk the extra KM?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Nice, thanks, I made a reservation at Canaima. Do they pick you up on the Camino, or did you walk the extra KM?
It is about 500m longer to walk from Casa Avalina to the Canaima rather than to the Albergue at Bruma. You just keep straight ahead on the main road rather than turning left towards Bruma.

Light green line is the main route of the Camino Ingles, the higher dark blue is the detour to the Canaima (it is the orange knife and fork symbol on left hand side) direct from Casa Avelina, the middle dark blue line is from the Albergue at Bruma to the Hotel Canaima and the return to the main route the next day from the Canaima is the lower dark blue line (it is waymarked with yellow arrows).
The lighter blue is the old route of the Ingles from Ferrol.

20220313_084344.jpg

That said, this is from the Canaima website ....

20220313_083424.jpg

Last edited:
We are planning on walking the Ingles starting end of May. Is the albergue at Bruma open?
Thanks, Bev

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Arriving Ferrol early on May 27th. Never been there before. Staying at the Hotel Zahara. Leisure day on May 28th. Heading out on May 29th with an Amawalkers group.

We are planning on walking the Ingles starting end of May. Is the albergue at Bruma open?
Thanks, Bev

According to gronze it seems to be open.Also a private one now in Bruma.

Terrific! We’re starting on the 29th, but walking short distances so hope to run into you midway. Buen Camino
Me too! I'm bussing into El Ferrol late on 27 May, lazily soaking up the scene for a day, and then walking out with Jen's Amawalkers group on 29 May. We're likely to cross paths!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We stayed there as well and did indeed get a ride from the bar/cafe about a KM before the hotel. The owner at the bar was a delight and insisted to call for a ride, stating it was a steep climb on city streets. When we arrived at the hotel, John Brierly was having a drink at the bar...the food was good in the restaurant. They also have a laundry service for a few euros.

Last edited:
Me too! I'm bussing into El Ferrol late on 27 May, lazily soaking up the scene for a day, and then walking out with Jen's Amawalkers group on 29 May. We're likely to cross paths!

Anyone knows where I can pick up a credencial in Ferrol? I’m in Spain already and forgot to bring my half-filled one from a previous Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My friend and I are on Ingles now and will be in Pontedeume Sat and Sun. We’re the slowest😅. Will arrive in Santiago on May 31.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back