• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walking the Le Puy route in June 2013?

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on walking the Le Puy route beginning of June 2013?

Buen camino to you all!
Sonia
:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Sonia,
We won't see you but a friend and I are walking Le Puy to Finisterre (si dios quiere) beginning in April 2013. We're celebrating our 70th year so we'll be the turtles huffing and puffing up the hills. We only have 90 days of course including anything else we decide to do while in the European Union (like visit my son) so, in fact, we'll be scuttling along fairly quickly (hopefully) for a couple of old broads.
Buen camino
Cecelia

hello Sonia, sadly I will be coming to the end of my walk in June, as I plan to start walking from Le Puy in April, maybe I will meet Cecelia and I can huff and puff along with her! :)
Tatiana

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sorry I wont be on the track at that time either! I'm looking at Sept/Oct for Le Puy to SJPP. I'm hoping by that time a bit of the heat will have dropped off and I'll have beautiful autumn weather.

tatiana said:
I will be coming to the end of my walk in June, as I plan to start walking from Le Puy in April, maybe I will meet Cecelia and I can huff and puff along with her!
Hello Tatiana,
That would be great to meet you on the Le Puy route. I'll be wearing my forum badge - either on my pack or my hat and I'll keep an eye open for you. We'll get a whole huffers and puffers thing going as we 'fly' up and down those hills:)
Buen camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
TravellingSonn said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on walking the Le Puy route beginning of June 2013?

Buen camino to you all!
Sonia
We plan to Le Puy Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port Departure May 20, 2013.

Buen camino

Letendre, I'm still trying to decide when to go! I've narrow it down between 18th May - 5th June. Hmmm decisions, decisions...

Who knows, I might just bump into a few of you!

I am planning to walk the Le Puy route beginning in mid May, but only plan to walk half of the route and then walk the Camino Portugal to Santiago. Are there any recommendations about the best half of Le Puy route starting and ending at points that would make it logical to get transportation on to Portugal?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Letendre, I'll be 2 days behind you guys. Who knows, maybe our paths may cross :)

Hi,
I'm planning to start from Le Puy at the end of April, so may see some of you en route! Good luck to you all with your preparations1

neverendingjourney said:
Hi,
I'm planning to start from Le Puy at the end of April, so may see some of you en route! Good luck to you all with your preparations1
I'll be getting final preparations ready for a May 10 start from Condom...... I expect you will catch up with me as I plan to start slowly! Hope all goes well for you on your Via Podiensis....

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
rickster, the walk from Le Puy en Velay to Conques is STUNNING...I walked this last year before I commuted (bus and then train and then train to SJPP to begin Camino Frances)...I need to research the station the bus in conques traveled to...but this may be a springboard for you?! I'd love to do this again, actually.....

I will be walking the Le Puy route starting in Mid March. I will be going very slow and I will be pulling a bike trailer behind me. I will not get to Muxia until the end of July. I sure hope I see you all along the route. Please stop and say hi as you pass me.

Buen Camino!
Leslie Edmiston

I'll be starting from Le Puy on 15/5/12 and would appreciate some company as I've never walked alone before. I've just retired and happy that I'm fit and well enough to do this pilgrimage. I'm wondering if its necessary to book accommodation each night. I've worked from Astoria to Santiago without booking, is it as easy from Le Puy?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've worked from Astoria to Santiago without booking, is it as easy from Le Puy?
It is a good idea. You are going early, so you may encounter closures. Reserving, particularly in the private places, is the custom on this route. You are likely to find a bed just dropping in, but why take a chance? The hosts are willing to call a day ahead for you, at least in my experience. That will save you phoning in French.

Hi Marji, any favorite spots from your Le Puy to Conques walk? Getting excited when I hear comments like "stunning". Also, how long did it take to walk? thx, rickster

Bon Jour Rickster...hmm...best to have asked me last year. I am not one to journal, make notes or take pictures, you see... But I felt the entire route was enchanting. truly! I did book the first night (and that is it). Montbennet so I could ease in slowly. My French was also dismal, but if you like your solo walking, it is fine. There is a quietude that seeps up from the land and trees...People were very friendly. Many French people walk for two weeks and travel in little groups. The terrain is challenging which I LOVED- and pretty, yes picturesque, softer in some ways than the stark parched landscape of Spain (I walked in Summer). Towns were full of charm: And then there was Espalion and Estaing world heritage towns. Like a glossy picture book. Amazing. I did not stay in these places as I prefer smaller villages. There is a parochial gite out of Golinhoc. Delightful. I came across it by chance. I do not recall the exact name, but in French it is the way of the boot. sounds strange, I know. chemin de pied (something like that). had a little chapel that was so beautiful. just a little room with altar and gorgeous stained glass windows...small and simple.
From Conques (stay in the monastery as it is lovely) I took the morning bus to Rodez and caught a train to Toulouse (that train had trouble and so I ended up being re-routed to Lourdes!). I took a train to Bayonne and then onto SJPP. I loved Le Puy en Velay. Very very special. I would definitely do this again. Just not this year. Next time, I would walk Le Puy to SJPP. Gites are more expensive, however. So factor this in...Having said all that, there is nothing quite like the Camino Frances. I love this WAY: something raw and elemental. Yet I really valued the deep spaces that I experienced from Le Puy to Conques. magical...took me 10 days. BON CHEMIN Rickster :mrgreen:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Marji, thanks so much for your insights.

I'm leaving somewhere around the 21/22 of April on the Le Puy route. I arrive in Paris on the 19th and have about 2.5 months to travel. Did the Camino (Frances) in Fall 2011.
Carmel

Hi! I'm intending to leave Le Puy on 24th April, so you nevewr know, will keep an eye open for you! Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, I hope to start from Le Puy on 24th april, headed to Santiago, so may see you on the way, I'll be taking it pretty slowly at first! Alison

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back