• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walking the Salvador in June?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Trecile- We will start on el norte ~May 22, plan to arrive in Oviedo in about 18 days, take the bus to Leon, walk back to Oviedo on el Salvador, and then carry on via el Primitivo. I think you will be ahead of us!

Oh, Trecile, you will love it. I hope to intersect with the Salvador on the Olvidado in Buiza, but I will be later than you so we can't even be like ships passing in the night.

Do I remember that you are planning to stay in Bendueños?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Oh, Trecile, you will love it. I hope to intersect with the Salvador on the Olvidado in Buiza, but I will be later than you so we can't even be like ships passing in the night.

Do I remember that you are planning to stay in Bendueños?
I think that I may have posted my proposed stops - subject to change 😊

Peregrina- Since you have done the salvador route we need advice. If we take ~18 days on El Norte to get to Oviedo we should be in good camino shape. If we then take the bus to Oviedo, how many days would you suggest we plan for walking back from Leon to Oviedo? There are routes by others who have done it in 5-8 days. Any advice is welcomed!

Peregrina- Since you have done the salvador route we need advice. If we take ~18 days on El Norte to get to Oviedo we should be in good camino shape. If we then take the bus to Oviedo, how many days would you suggest we plan for walking back from Leon to Oviedo? There are routes by others who have done it in 5-8 days. Any advice is welcomed!

Hi, calmeg,
I think you mean “If we then take the bus to León” instead of Oviedo, right? I think Ender’s guide gives you a whole bunch of options, which you can match to your walking pace. If you have the luxury to be flexible, there are also enough choices that you can decide on the fly depending on how you feel.

I have walked the Salvador three times, once in four days. León to Pola de Gordón to Pajares to Pola de Lena to Oviedo. I have also done it in five days. León to La Robla to Poladura to Campomanes to Mieres to Oviedo. And I have done it in six days. León to La Robla to Poladura to Pajares to Bendueños to Mieres to Oviedo.

I don’t think there was much difference between the 4 and 5 day route, in terms of how I felt while walking. Tough but totally doable. The six day version felt very leisurely, and it split the most beautiful part (the mountains between Buiza and Pajares) into two separate days, which was very nice.

Buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I hope to start the Salvador from León around June 1st. I'll be coming from the Francés.
Hi Trecile!
The Salvador is on my "to do list" and I'm not talking about housework!😉
I'll be anxious to hear about your experiences on that beautiful, challenging route!

The San Salvador was my first Camino, at 65 years old, I live in León, thoroughly enjoyed it, hard parts but doable even for a novice

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I also have walked and written about the San Salvador. I couldn't do it in four days, and not even five. Six is the magic number, for the average walker, IMHO. Here is my information on it, click here. On the main page, there is a table of stages breakdowns, similar to Ender's with my own modifications. It was the downhill pounding from the second summit on day three, the Vista Arbás that did my knee in! It is over 20 kilometers of very steep downhill sections, after the two tops, so make sure you choose wisely when you pass the decision point for Pajares! You are choosing to continue on a long, long way. My hat is off to @peregrina2000 for doing it in four days! Have a wonderful journey!

I also have walked and written about the San Salvador. I couldn't do it in four days, and not even five. Six is the magic number, for the average walker, IMHO. Here is my information on it, click here. On the main page, there is a table of stages breakdowns, similar to Ender's with my own modifications. It was the downhill pounding from the second summit on day three, the Vista Arbás that did my knee in! It is over 20 kilometers of very steep downhill sections, after the two tops, so make sure you choose wisely when you pass the decision point for Pajares! You are choosing to continue on a long, long way. My hat is off to @peregrina2000 for doing it in four days! Have a wonderful journey!
Thanks. I've bookmarked your site.
I have 50+ days for my Francés - Salvador - Norte - Finisterre/Muxia Camino, so I can take it slow if I want.

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...
I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back