• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone want to join me in 2021

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm planning to walk from Vezelay all the way to Santiago at some point this year, departing late Spring, early Summer

If interested, please email me: benettf AT protonmail DOT com
Welcome to the forum @benettf. There is no indication as to where you live, but please know that during these Covid times, travel to Spain, or anywhere else for that matter, is being severely discouraged, if not altogether prohibited. There are numerous threads on the forum that deal with this. Please feel free to join in on the other threads; there are many of us who are longing to get back on the camino.

Also, it is advised that we do not post our personal email address on an open forum; you may want to remove your email address from this thread.

Cheers, keep well a d stay safe.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you look at the details of the OP you see that he/ she is from Lorraine in France. Making the walk from Vezelay more possible.
This is why I wish that everyone listed what country they live in on the profile. It can often help answer their questions.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Missed that. I think if he/she had written ‘Lorraine’ instead of ‘lorraine’ I would have cottoned on. 😊 Silly me.
what did you think it meant with a lower case L that you wouldn’t have thought with an upper case?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm planning to walk from Vezelay all the way to Santiago at some point this year, departing late Spring, early Summer

If interested, please PM me
Wish I could join you... someday I'd like to visit the Lorraine region. The Eckensweiller wing of my family hail from there.
Buen Camino

I did it last year starting on 6 September and finished at the end of October.

I took the Bourges route rather than via Nevers.

I subsequently took the Périgueux to Bergerac route.

I used the Miam Miam Dodo guide in France. Some wonderful Christian private accommodation with warm welcome. Book ahead as many establishments were closed, especially municipal.

Somewhere on this site is my blog...

what did you think it meant with a lower case L that you wouldn’t have thought with an upper case?
🤣 i should have said, “i like to think if he/she had written ‘Lorraine’ instead of ‘lorraine‘ i might have cottoned on” but i can’t be sure. in these covid times i would be grateful to think straight once In a while rather than just sideways.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I loved the southern variant through Nevers 2019. Did it in spring, it was lovely. Bon Chemin
John

Just thinking about it a bit more, you may be better off trying French, German or Dutch language forums. Not many English speakers on the Vézelay route. Most are from the lowlands, I think.
John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just thinking about it a bit more, you may be better off trying French, German or Dutch language forums. Not many English speakers on the Vézelay route. Most are from the lowlands, I think.
John

I can only speak for the Dutch and Flemish confraternities and they do not invest much in the search engine part/ interactive online communication. In normal times they organise regional gatherings for sharing information.
This forum is still the best way to get decent information!

I would simply love to do this, but alas, so far I can't even leave Australia, let alone walk in France. Keep on the forum @benettf and let us be armchair travellers with you!
At the moment Kanga ie 4/4/21 no one within France can walk either. The country is in total lockdown until May 6. We can only exercise or move about within 10 km of home.

Read more in this BBC reportage

Last edited:
Ah yes, I recall something on the news yesterday. Nothing can rob France of its beauty at this time of year, but it is terrible that people are still getting sick. Take care.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Go to your account details and you will find the details.
Good suggestio, but I’ve looked in my profile and cannot find a place to input my location. Can you be more specific? I agree that it would be of interest to all to know where we are coming from (literally!).

Good suggestio, but I’ve looked in my profile and cannot find a place to input my location. Can you be more specific? I agree that it would be of interest to all to know where we are coming from (literally!).

Account details..then scroll to section under date of birth etcetera and then you will find Location.
Not able to make a printscreen right now but you should be able to find it quickly.

Account details..then scroll to section under date of birth etcetera and then you will find Location.
Not able to make a printscreen right now but you should be able to find it quickly.
I’ve got my location listed, but I still had to search to see how I had done it. Click on your avatar up at the top right; you will see the drop down menu, then select account details. 😊

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh.... I wish I could. If only. 😞
Can’t leave the country.
Enjoy.
Soon you will be able to travel to any foreign destination that you like ... as long as it's New Zealand.

By the way - Gotta love the quote from "Cover More" insurance company in that story. I've got a slogan for them: "Cover More. We've got you covered - except for the thing that most concerns you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don’t get me started on insurance Raggy.
Yea, NZ, never been. I think I’ll wait it out until the borders really open. I could have walked to Europe, all this time!

If interested, please PM me
My plan is 3 years away and going the northern route … would like insights as you are going this year. Good luck and all the best

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back