• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

ANZAC Day, 2019

jl

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
The Australian Friends of the Camino have had a request from a couple walking the Camino Frances in April. Sean tells us that they are planning to hold a dawn service on the 25th April (ANZAC day) and are asking any Aussies or New Zealanders on the path at this point (the bridge heading into Zubiri), and at this time (dawn / sunrise), to join them. Aussies and Kiwis on this forum will know what this is all about, even though it may be gobbledegook to others. I quote the message we received below. What a lovely idea - and another place to commemorate, and solemnly pause and reflect, for this important event.

We were hoping to get a message out to any Aussie pilgrims who may be in Zubiri on 25th April 2019. We are kiwis and are going to be holding our own dawn service on the bridge in Zubiri on ANZAC day. We would love all kiwis and Aussies in the area to join us, if possible.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wonderful idea from Sean ,
Hope it is a success Jill but regardless whoever turns up will benefit greatly.
Buen Camino and i hope it stays dry

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Husband (veteran) and myself will probably be at the Sto Toribio de Liebana Monastery, after finishing the Camino Lebaniego. Will surely hold a moment of reflection at dawn over there. Success with the service at Zubiri. Lest we forget.

A great idea, but unfortunately I will be well past Zubiri on the day ( all being well) but I will be thinking of you.

We will be in Barcelona that day, before our Camino, but thinking of you guys at Zubiri on the bridge and when we pass thru there on the 4th May , We will remember again. Hope you get a good turnout.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Leaving St Jean on 17th as a Brit will where ever I am if in the company of folk from Australia 🇦🇺 and or New Zealand 🇳🇿 respect your special Day.

Back