• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Enhance Your Camino Experience with Online Spanish Classes

Lol

Time of past OR future Camino
I've done a couple of Caminos but I speak only enough Spanish to ask for sandwiches and coffee. I'm planning another Camino and would like to learn some. I'm an English monoglot.

What I'd like to learn:

Numbers
Basic greetings
Calling an albergue and making a reservation (most important)
Shop conversation: How much is that? Can I look at that?
Bar / restaurant type conversations. Vocabulary for food. Asking for water.

How I'd like to learn:

Probably some Zoom calls.
Some homework to do.

I'm pretty bad at languages and not a great self-learner either. I would like someone who not only can speak Spanish and English but knows how to teach to some degree. Probably has a little course worked out in advance, some homework materials, a plan, etc.

I don't really know how much this sort of thing costs but anything reasonable is fine.
Hello, I’m a coordinator for a sub chapter of the national organization “American Pilgrims on the Camino” we will be starting zoom classes, probably in February, with a teacher who is living in Spain.

Although it is not critical to be able to speak Spanish while walking the Camino, it certainly will enhance your experience. Knowing the correct vocabulary when making a reservation in an Albergue, or reading a menu and ordering food in a restaurant, especially deciphering a bus or train schedule, knowing the correct Spanish words for all these situations and more, will be invaluable!

Some of us have taken such a class with Maria Seco, a native of Spain; she lives in Pontevedra and she has walked the Camino a few times.

Our classes were once a week via zoom, they were comprehensive and convivial with no pressure, except what we put on ourselves. Some of us zoomed an extra day, in between, in order to practice amongst ourselves.

A few folks have expressed interest, so I’m reaching out to ask if anyone else would like to join.

Since Maria is in Spain, the classes would be in the morning.

Contact me if you would like to join our group.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello, I’m a coordinator for a sub chapter of the national organization “American Pilgrims on the Camino” we will be starting zoom classes, probably in February, with a teacher who is living in Spain.

Although it is not critical to be able to speak Spanish while walking the Camino, it certainly will enhance your experience. Knowing the correct vocabulary when making a reservation in an Albergue, or reading a menu and ordering food in a restaurant, especially deciphering a bus or train schedule, knowing the correct Spanish words for all these situations and more, will be invaluable!

Some of us have taken such a class with Maria Seco, a native of Spain; she lives in Pontevedra and she has walked the Camino a few times.

Our classes were once a week via zoom, they were comprehensive and convivial with no pressure, except what we put on ourselves. Some of us zoomed an extra day, in between, in order to practice amongst ourselves.

A few folks have expressed interest, so I’m reaching out to ask if anyone else would like to join.

I am interested in this class. My participation depends on the time of the class because I am employed.

Really interested.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I am interested.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’m interested, too, depending on the time. Thanks

I am interested in this class. My participation depends on the time of the class because I am still employed. thanks

Im interested too. Am on the West Coast US, so is time dependant as well.

Contact me if you would like to join our g

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
yes i would be interested to attend. As i am on the opposite side of the world to spain , it would depend on the time it was held

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Definitely interested! :)

Today we got a catalog from The Great Courses (see Wikipedia's Wondrium article). They are having a sale on many of their courses including Spanish and Italian. The sale ends February 2, 2023. The catalog directs us to (Edit: originally posted URL causes problems; go instead to https://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/specialoffer/types/individual-courses) but that appears to describe items on sale. When I clicked on the Spanish course on that website I was brought to the webpage https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/learning-spanish-how-to-understand-and-speak-a-new-language

Here's a screenshot of part of that page showing the prices. I don't know anything about shipment of DVDs outside the US or whether the DVDs will work elsewhere but you could download the Instant Video version for less money anyway.

Screenshot_20230111-173037.png

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hello, yes , interested, thank you, henny

I'm a little late to the party, but am very interested in this class. I've been working with Duolingo for a few months but would welcome an alternate method.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Interested~

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.