• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I need to apologize to forum members for my ranting post upon my return.

I have been in a state of exhaustion and shock since March 12 when we made the decision to get out of Spain and to get back home.

My great disappointment, combined with physical and mental and emotional exhaustion, my feelings of anger at this virus, shock at how quickly things escalated, inadequacy at another failed attempt at completion of this route, stupidity for going at all, frustration at airlines for raising prices instead of being helpful, fear for the lives of those in the line of infection, worries about my elderly mother and not being able to reach her now because I have to self-isolate, and whether I will be able to get home for my scheduled double mastectomy if the state borders close, have all just pretty much driven me insane the past few days.

I spent most of the day in an armchair in shock, trying to process it all, wondering about the outcome.

I realize by posting what was going on in my head, I was being selfish and not being helpful.

Thank you to those who offered kind words instead of judgment.

I will try to do better.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I must have missed that post, Annie, because there was nothing from you that I would have called a rant.
And everything you are feeling right now is completely understandable.
Such whiplash...and stress.

May you be gentle in the middle of it all - decompressing, and digesting what has no doubt been a more than usually memorable journey. You were good to go, as well smart to have made the decision to return when you did. Conditions changed - out of your control and in a way that could not have easily been predicted - and you rolled with them.
Well done, I'd say.
And yeah.
I'd be sad too.
But I am glad you guys made it home OK.
Abrazos and all blessings, amiga. ❤

Rants can help the ranter vent her frustration at the situation she finds herself in; they can also help the reader to understand how it feels to be in that situation. For this relief much thanks! I found nothing offensive in your rant, Annie, just relief that you got home safely.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Glad you and Joe made it home safe and I think anyone who has been following your trials and tribulations will understand how much you needed your Camino so I have to admit I didn’t find any issue in your blog I think most of us have succumbed to frustration, irritation and disappointment but I am a little concerned at how many are quick to judge or criticise it would seem frustrations are overwhelming us all for me I will be more considerate before posting for now because it is easy to get caught up in emotion. I hope you find your way back soon buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I guess some of us were upset at the suggestion that people had not died. We are all on edge and learning things that we would prefer were not necessary. Apology accepted Annie. None of us are getting much time and distance to process things, and it is hard for us all, but especially those of us who have health concerns. I pray for you to have peace Annie, and good medical treatment.

I think perhaps it is time to close this thread. It can be re-opened if someone wants to express things publicly (send one of the Moderators a PM) but for one-on-one conversations, I suggest "start a conversation" with Annie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.