• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

App for local radar

JoEllen

Time of past OR future Camino
I downloaded an app that a Spanish man showed me that showed the radar (rain, storms, etc) for Spain. It was designed by a Spaniard and called something like Rainradar or Raindetector. Somehow, it got deleted from my phone and now I can't remember the exact name to get it again from the App Store. Does anyone know what the app might be called? Kind of sketchy data here, but I thought I'd try the forum.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is a "RainToday" app for iOS available from the Apple UK store, and appears to cover the UK. The "WeatherPro" app for iOS is published by a German team and appears to offer radar for Europe.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I've had this cunning device that seems to have worked really well for knocking 70 years now. If I'm getting wet its raining (or nurse is giving me a shower), if not it isn't. If when I leave the Albergue in the morning and I'm getting wet I put on my 'don't get quite so wet gear'; if it isn't I don't.

While I can see that there may benefits in knowing whether I am going to have a 'wet' day or a 'not wet day' I'm not sure what they are. I'm going to be walking no matter the weather.

;):(:p

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've had this cunning device that seems to have worked really well for knocking 70 years now. If I'm getting wet its raining (or nurse is giving me a shower), if not it isn't. If when I leave the Albergue in the morning and I'm getting wet I put on my 'don't get quite so wet gear'; if it isn't I don't.

While I can see that there may benefits in knowing whether I am going to have a 'wet' day or a 'not wet day' I'm not sure what they are. I'm going to be walking no matter the weather.

;):(:p
My father had his famous "Weather Rock" that he kept on the patio railing. Before leaving for work every morning he looked out the window at the rock.

If the rock was wet, it was raining. If it was dry, it wasn't raining. If it had white sprinkles on it, it was snowing. If he couldn't see the rock, it was foggy. And if the rock was gone, it was very very windy.

I use rainalarm too, find it excellent. Living near the coast our weather can change by the hour.

On the Camino I'm either wearing or carrying rain gear, so it doesn't make a great deal of difference to my plans. (Though useful for planning when to wash and dry clothes I find).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.