• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Applause

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Former member 49149

Applause.

The list is endless.

However, where does it begin?

We have seen Italians singing, Spaniards applauding, neighbours and strangers offering help, essential service workers carrying on, food businesses adapting to provide collection or delivery, sharing of online resources for active exercises and for culture: I don't want to exhaust the list.
What have you seen?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Applause.

The list is endless.

However, where does it begin?

We have seen Italians singing, Spaniards applauding, neighbours and strangers offering help, essential service workers carrying on, food businesses adapting to provide collection or delivery, sharing of online resources for active exercises and for culture: I don't want to exhaust the list.
What have you seen?
On another thread I posted about neighbour knocking on door and offering to do any shopping we(over70's) need if isolating,and then schoolgirl sister neighbours giving us gift of fresh eggs as they have started to keep chickens,and today we have had two more callers on way to shops asking if we need anything .So many kind caring people out there.

Here in the UK, we have seen the goodness in people, and the awful horribleness in people as they try to understand what is happening and panicking much of the time. I have been touched by the offers by our younger neighbours to help us, although I'd had to bite my lip more than once when they've insisted that, as we are in the "at risk" group (I'm 72 and my husband is 79), we shouldn't be outside at all. We are both fit - almost as fit as when we rode the Camino de Santiago in 2013. Indeed, I feel a fraud because it should be us going around out there helping others less fortunate than we are. My over-riding thought is that our beautiful world has been given the opportunity to heal itself.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Many of us will be lighting candles in our windows in UK tomorrow night at 19.00 as a sign of prayer.
We too are fit but taking the advice to stay away from people. Can still walk the deserted back lanes at home at present.
Like others we have been touched by offers of help as we are both over 70; next door neighbours, house-group member (others are also over 70 themselves), the kind gentleman at the supermarket who bought me an 'extra' bar of chocolate and the lady on the supermarket till (on my final visit there) who called her manager so that I could have a 'double ration' of powdered milk so that I could put one ration into the food bank.....

It looks like I might be being sent extra fresh milk by my veg box scheme for Monday. If it actually comes I will pass the extra to the young family down the road if they need it for their toddler.

Stay safe and well and pass the kindness on :)

From today's Irish Times:

'Two specially designed postcards will be delivered to the State’s 1.8 million households over the coming week to allow people to post a message of love and support to their family and friends amid the coronavirus outbreak, An Post has announced.

As more people socially isolate and become “cocooned” in order to combat the spread of the Covid-19 virus, every household in the State will receive the postcards to write personal messages for family and friends to help them stay connected in the weeks ahead.

The 5,000,000 postcards can be sent anywhere on the island of Ireland, free of charge.'

Postcards from the edge? Certainly a novel approach: how many of us still send or receive postcards in this age of instant communication?

'Two specially designed postcards will be delivered to the State’s 1.8 million households over the coming week to allow people to post a message of love and support to their family and friends amid the coronavirus outbreak, An Post has announced.

As more people socially isolate and become “cocooned” in order to combat the spread of the Covid-19 virus, every household in the State will receive the postcards to write personal messages for family and friends to help them stay connected in the weeks ahead.

The 5,000,000 postcards can be sent anywhere on the island of Ireland, free of charge.'

Postcards from the edge? Certainly a novel approach: how many of us still send or receive postcards in this age of instant communication?
I had planned to do so from my Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
All over Sweden people are clapping and cheering every evening at eight, even though we are not in quarantine yet. It’s so heartwarming for all of all of us who works really hard at the hospitals right now. More than half of the staff where I work are at home and the rest of us are exhausted.

All over Sweden people are clapping and cheering every evening at eight, even though we are not in quarantine yet. It’s so heartwarming for all of all of us who works really hard at the hospitals right now. More than half of the staff where I work are at home and the rest of us are exhausted.
Anita, thank you for your part in fighting this virus. We join in when we are with our friend in Pamplona on skype at that time, so I applaud you from here. I will name you from now on.

Anita, thank you for your part in fighting this virus. We join in when we are with our friend in Pamplona on skype at that time, so I applaud you from here. I will name you from now on.

Oh, thank you for your kindness 🙏 I got tears in my eyes reading this.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Anita.
Nice words, but sound so tough that feel like wishing you all the needed strength to tackle these difficult moments.

Also in Ireland, these people will be celebrating Mother's Day from a distance.

Just checking in to say that I am organising a (closed) Skype group with my community sisters in Ireland and Scotland, where we will connect at the same time as the applauders in Spain, 7pm GMT. It is a two minute affair, with a virtual candle and one minute silence. Anyone who wants to do likewise, wherever you are, at the time that suits you: this is for all those who are working for us all, and a prayer for their safety.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back