A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Appreciation for Moderators

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
I just want to express my thanks to Ivar and the other moderators for the way they keep this forum such a great place to hang out. In particular the fine judgment used to keep things friendly. I was just watching a thread deteriorate into positional arguing and it got closed down at just the right moment. Obviously a great accord amongst the team. Congratulations to you all.

Advertisment

Advertisment

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo (2018) if all vital signs working
I do appreciate the discretion and wisdom of the moderators….

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Well, I guess thanks to @movinmaggie for bumping this thread. @Kanga has joined the moderators since she posted this back in April 2014. She may well have a further comment to add now she is on the other side of the fence. :confused: I for one am glad to have her on board along with @peregrina2000. Its good to have some female mods again, its good to have a wider geographic spread of mods again.

We do what we do. Out of love for this forum and what it means to us; out of love for the camino and what it means to us.

I've been, rightly, trashed for the occasional immoderate post. And I've picked up a few 'likes' when I've got 'it' right. Anyone who thinks we exist in some exalted plain, anyone who thinks we think we exist in some exalted plain has got it plain wrong.

This forum is one of the best I ever participate in. It "does what it says on the tin" - its a place for sharing.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo (2018) if all vital signs working
I sincerely meant that first post when I wrote it. It's an honour to be asked to join the august company. My wish is but to serve in the best way I can. Let's hope that my diminishing memory and mind is up to the task.
Now I know what 'bumping' is. I just saw the post about the moderators and responded; I never noticed the date is was posted.

I would like to join all the others in thanking the Moderators for keeping this site level-headed and a pleasure to visit.

Extreme opinions, prejudices and deliberately provocative statements are, thankfully, swiftly removed before people have time to rise to the bait and respond in kind.

Well done Mods and thank you for all your efforts and your ever-present watchfulness.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Well, I guess thanks to @movinmaggie for bumping this thread. @Kanga has joined the moderators since she posted this back in April 2014. She may well have a further comment to add now she is on the other side of the fence. :confused: I for one am glad to have her on board along with @peregrina2000. Its good to have some female mods again, its good to have a wider geographic spread of mods again.

We do what we do. Out of love for this forum and what it means to us.

I've been, rightly, trashed for the occasional immoderate post. And I've picked up a few 'likes' when I've got 'it' right. Anyone who thinks we exist in some exalted plain, anyone who thinks we think we exist in some exalted plain has got it plain wrong.

This forum is one of the best I ever participate in. It "does what it says on the tin" - its a place for sharing.
I sincerely meant that first post when I wrote it. It's an honour to be asked to join the august company. My wish is but to serve in the best way I can. Let's hope that my diminishing memory and mind is up to the task.
You serve, Kanga, you serve. As do all of the mods for their thankless work.
And Tincatinker...perfectly and very modestly said.
I think what all of you moderators do is remarkable...I wish we could all be together at one time and in one place on the camino so we could all offer each of you a decent evening's meal with beverage of your choice!
Perhaps enjoying a funny story or two along the way about the nightmares of moderating...

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ivar Announcements 9
ivar Announcements 3
Telluridewalker Announcements 6

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%