• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Appropriate Clothing on Camino for Women

StaceyBees

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug2013
I have a question that I could not find the answer to on the forum:

Is it appropriate to wear exercise pants (ie:Yoga capri's) while walking the Camino? In America, this is normal "exercise/hike wearr" for young women like myself and my fellow hiker, but we dont want to offend anyone and we are unsure of how culturally acceptable this wear would be.

Thank you

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Can I suggest that you buy SYates book. A great help to new pigrims.
It seems to be Kindle only on Amazons UK site, but paperback too on the Amazon.com site.
Follow the link here:-
Camino Kindle book

Tia Valeria said:
Can I suggest that you buy SYates book. A great help to new pigrims.
It seems to be Kindle only on Amazons UK site, but paperback too on the Amazon.com site.
Follow the link here:-
Camino Kindle book

Thanks! My book is out in both versions (print and Kindle) on all Amazon sites. If you can't find it easily, just do a search for the exact title. SY

No one will be offended, I'm sure. They are probably the most comfortable piece of clothing on the planet, but as mentioned above, the biggest issue could be getting them dried. Sometimes, actually often, it is necessary to do hand washing in cold water and getting things dry can then be a challenge. Buen Camino, whatever you wear!

Grace

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Although Spain is a tradionaly very Catholic Country, this is one of the few EU counties that allows gay/lesbian marriages for example. So, I guess, your outfit wouldn't bothered them much :lol:

Based on my experience so far walking the via de la plata i would suggest you would fit right in with the local population of women. Seems every second woman is wearing them in this part of Spain.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Stacey has not been to the Forum since that last post, so she may miss out on your advice. :)

Stacey has not been to the Forum since that last post, so she may miss out on your advice. :)
But it got the thread back on the New Posts list and answered a question I've been wondering about. The mind boggles at how many old threads must exist here loaded with useful titbits. The FAQs are great for the big questions, but it's not always easy to find answers to others.

I typically get a huge post list back from any search query, with no confidence that the info I'm after will even be in it. E.g. I just put in 'gym pants' (which is what I call them) and got back 10 pages. But would it include this thread, since no-one used that phrase?

Actually, all my searches return 10 pages! It must be the max.

Not that I'm complaining, this leads into many interesting side paths and the original question is soon forgotten. And there's plenty of time to get a bit more ruthless and systematic rather than just reading promiscuously and hoping some kind of osmosis will work.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In the last few weeks I have seen pilgrims wearing just about everything...

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.