• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

April 2022

JEsler

Time of past OR future Camino
Sep/Oct ‘22
My brother (Boston USA) and I (Melbourne AUS) both recently retired had been planning to walk from SJPP to Santiago in 2021. But we are now planning to start in the second week of April 2022.
The forced delay has given us the chance to develop some walk fitness and refine our lightweight backpacks & kit. The extended lockdowns in Australia have also given me plenty of time to read 30+ Camino travelogues.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My brother (Boston USA) and I (Melbourne AUS) both recently retired had been planning to walk from SJPP to Santiago in 2021. But we are now planning to start in the second week of April 2022.
The forced delay has given us the chance to develop some walk fitness and refine our lightweight backpacks & kit. The extended lockdowns in Australia have also given me plenty of time to read 30+ Camino travelogues.

Hi and welcome here. I see this is your first post.
Happy planning.
This forum has a wealth of information. More to read... ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Welcome @JEsler . To what potentially may become a wonderful addiction ;)

Way to go. We are in Wollongong and have walked a number of times leaving in April/May. Happy to answer any questions if they come up. Hope to see you there.

Sounds like you'll be as ready as you can be. What a lovely thing to do with your brother. April is a beautiful time to begin your walk - we began on 21 April in 2013 and saw lots of red poppies which we picked for ANZAC Day (I even pressed one in my Brierley guide book, which I still have to this day). Aren't we lucky that a forum like this enables people to share their experiences and tips to enlighten others.
Good luck in April 2022.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Howdy from Texas - USA ! I am also planning my first (SJPP to Santiago) starting on April 10th 2022

I am also planning on doing the Camino starting in April next year. I live in Melbourne but hope to leave Aus in Feb to visit my son and grandchildren in Columbus Ohio first.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Welcome. The anticipation, research and planning has helped maintain my sanity during Melbourne’s never-ending lockdowns. It’s now starting to look like a real possibility.

Welcome. The anticipation, research and planning has helped maintain my sanity during Melbourne’s never-ending lockdowns. It’s now starting to look like a real possibility.
I only decided last week that I wanted to do it. Are you booking beforehand or winging it and booking as you go? How much training are you doing?

Apart from booking StJPdP and Orisson I am winging it. Maybe book a couple of days ahead of bigger cities like Burgos. I prefer to be flexible based on how I am feeling physically and how my walk is going generally.

I have read 50+ pilgrim memoirs during COVID. Some people shouldn’t write books but most were enjoyable. The few people who pre-booked wished they hadn’t and most abandoned their arrangements.

My training has mostly been walking. I do 3-4 walks per week of 8-14km. As I get closer to leaving I’ll do an occasional 20km with my pack.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Greetings from Vancouver Island! I am planning to begin the same trek at about the same time as you. May we cross paths and maybe break bread or quaff a beer together. I have stopped reading travelogues 😐

Hi all, April 1, 2022 is my plan to start from Sarria. I cancelled my Sept 2021trip, so I’m hoping that this is it!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Back