• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April/May 2020 CP to Muxia/Finesterre

dreaminggypsy

Time of past OR future Camino
April/May 2020
Landing in Porto on April 8th, 2020 to start the CP for my 60th with my husband who is 62--have not decided whether we will take the Coastal or Central Route or mix it up--but, do want to stay at Casa de Fernanda so will probably mix it up. I love solitude yet am intrigued by people--people are such curious beasts, aren't they? Will luxuriate in Porto for about four nights with a tour of the Douro River Valley before our official start to sauntering the CP all the way to Muxia/Finnesterre. Our flight back from Porto isn't until May 13th-so, we have lots of space for rest days and mystical/magical segues--I love to plan AND I love surprises, too, so I am making the space for the time to fully embrace every experience, every infinite moment, every place, every glass of wine, every pastry and every curious beast. Our home is Taos, New Mexico. I love this forum and have been sauntering through various posts and recommendations for three days now. My QUESTION for now: We may have a good bit of days left over after we get to Muxia/Finesterre to visit another place in Portugal and/or Spain that is fairly easy to access by any mode of transport before we get ourselves back to Porto to fly back on May 13th. Any suggestions of another mystical/magical place that we should visit before we fly back to Taos, New Mexico--I am thinking we could have a space of about five days for this experience. In gratitude-Tammi Clancy. I will also post this in the Muxia/Finesterre thread.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked from Porto to Santiago in Sept. 2017. There were a number of towns that I would have loved to stay longer in, you would have the option for that. Also, while in Santiago with no set plan, I decided to walk to Finisterre. I had a room for one night and as soon as I got there, asked for the room for 2 more nights and would have stayed longer if I could have (I thought Finisterre was such a cool town and place; super relaxed, post-camino hippy vibe, you may want to stay there longer than you think). So, if it was me, maybe I wouldn't have too many days left over after all. It is a magnificent Camino, have a great time. La Paz, Bob

Depending which route you take Fao was a little gem. Pontevedra was an interesting place also Tui. We walked in early May this year. The walk to Finisterra is well worth doing In my opinion. Let me know if you want any details of accommodation.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I also walked Porto - SdC - Finisterre - Muxia , the last two towns maybe the best part. Afterwards on my way back to Porto , I stayed in Braga for a weekend , what a gem !

Landing in Porto on April 8th, 2020 to start the CP for my 60th with my husband who is 62--have not decided whether we will take the Coastal or Central Route or mix it up--but, do want to stay at Casa de Fernanda so will probably mix it up. I love solitude yet am intrigued by people--people are such curious beasts, aren't they? Will luxuriate in Porto for about four nights with a tour of the Douro River Valley before our official start to sauntering the CP all the way to Muxia/Finnesterre. Our flight back from Porto isn't until May 13th-so, we have lots of space for rest days and mystical/magical segues--I love to plan AND I love surprises, too, so I am making the space for the time to fully embrace every experience, every infinite moment, every place, every glass of wine, every pastry and every curious beast. Our home is Taos, New Mexico. I love this forum and have been sauntering through various posts and recommendations for three days now. My QUESTION for now: We may have a good bit of days left over after we get to Muxia/Finesterre to visit another place in Portugal and/or Spain that is fairly easy to access by any mode of transport before we get ourselves back to Porto to fly back on May 13th. Any suggestions of another mystical/magical place that we should visit before we fly back to Taos, New Mexico--I am thinking we could have a space of about five days for this experience. In gratitude-Tammi Clancy. I will also post this in the Muxia/Finesterre thread.

I too will be walking the Portuguese Camino, but I will start after you by a week I think, however I have no booked my flights as yet.> I intend to be on the road for my 60th birthday also. I missed out on Finesterre last year on my Camino Frances so will include that this time. I plan to mix it up and walk some coastal and swap to the central route at some time.
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.