• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April Walkers

Sandra puente

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 19-Oct 19, 2014
Camino Frances April 17, 2016
Hi everyone! new to the forum and love and read every week most of the posts.
I did the camino frances in sep/oct 2014 solo. It took me one month to reach Santiago.
As for most of us the camino has being a life changing and i believe that this changes in my case
has being perceived and most appreciated by my daughters. I Must say, they don't ever mention that i
have changed but the fact that they want to go and do the camino speaks volume.
we are doing the camino frances in April. we plan to start walking in sjpdp on April 17, witch is my oldest daughter's 30th birthday. I am very excited and I hope i can sing happy birthday to her with many of you guys.
One quick note. when i did my camino, there were mothers and daughters, father and children, mother and sons, fathers and daughters doing the camino together. I remember being asked if I would like to do the camino with my daughters. I thought about it, and i like the idea of them having that experience, but at the same time i ask myself could i endure seeing my daughters go through the pain that camino walkers go? at that time i couldn't conceive that idea. Today, I am excited and i know everything is going to be well.
thank you for sharing all your experiences. we are all one big family.
Is anyone planning to start on that day? please let me know.
Thanks.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'll be a few days ahead of you, but you're lucky to be able to all have the time and means to do it together. Enjoy it all!

two days ahead but you may catch us We are overnighting in Orrison.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I did the camino frances in sep/oct 2014 solo. It took me one month to reach Santiago.
As for most of us the camino has being a life changing and i believe that this changes in my case
has being perceived and most appreciated by my daughters. I Must say, they don't ever mention that i
we are doing the camino frances in April. we plan to start walking in sjpdp on April 17, witch is my oldest daughter's 30th birthday. I am very excited and I hope i can sing happy birthday to her with many of you guys.
One quick note. when i did my camino, there were mothers and daughters, father and children, mother and sons, fathers and daughters doing the camino together. I remember being asked if I would like to do the camino with my daughters. I thought about it, and i like the idea of them having that experience, but at the same time i ask myself could i endure seeing my daughters go through the pain that camino walkers go? at that time i couldn't conceive that idea. Today, I am excited and i know everything is going to be well.
Thanks.
That is a beautiful gift for you & your daughters

April will be so different to September. Spring is a wonderful time to walk the Camino. Enjoy your walk with your daughters.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks.

Hi Sandra,
What a wonderful experience to have with your daughters. Im starting on the 20th April which is my 50th Birthday:) Looking fwd to this big day & if we don't come across each other I wish you all a safe & happy Journey.

My son is walking again (yes, we walked it together in the summer of 2014) with his girlfriend starting April 30. Walking with my son was the greatest gift I have ever experienced. We helped each other breathe back to center more than once! Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Sandra,
What a wonderful experience to have with your daughters. Im starting on the 20th April which is my 50th Birthday:) Looking fwd to this big day & if we don't come across each other I wish you all a safe & happy Journey.
Hi Linda and thank you for your wishes, I am turning 50 on April 13.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back