• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Aragonés video (2019)

NadineK

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
As I anxiously wait for another Camino (as I'm sure so many of us are!), part of my coping strategy has been to go back through photos/video clips I took when I last walked in 2019. That year was a journey on the Aragonés (Oloron Ste-Marie to Puente La Reina), and then I bussed up to Irun to walk for several weeks on the Norte.

I had a lot of fun making these videos of the Aragonés, and I thought I would share a link in case anyone wants to have a visual of the route (or else just dream of what it's like to be out there, walking).

Buen Camino!
Nadine

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Really nice presentation Nadine. Enjoyed the mix of photos, video, and commentary. The Aragonés has been on my Camino list for some time. Can’t wait to walk it.

Really nice presentation Nadine. Enjoyed the mix of photos, video, and commentary. The Aragonés has been on my Camino list for some time. Can’t wait to walk it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, the video-making process has helped with my Camino withdrawal (I have it bad!!). I really think the Aragonés is such a fabulous Camino. I tend to like peace and quiet (and you really get that while walking!), but there was strong Camino spirit and a really nice group of pilgrims in the albergues in the evenings. The perfect balance. I hope you get to walk it one day!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Looking forward to Part 2! Brought back great memories, I loved the Camino aragonés 😎
I know I will have to walk it again because I too missed the Monastery! And maybe this time I will take the bus 😁😉

NadineK, thank you for the welcomed surprise video/story this morning. I am sitting here in Merrickville, Canada looking out on a couple of feet of snow and cold temperatures, dreaming of another Camino adventure but not yet vaccinated, and you have provided a new inspiration. Thank you for taking the time.

Last edited:
As I anxiously wait for another Camino (as I'm sure so many of us are!), part of my coping strategy has been to go back through photos/video clips I took when I last walked in 2019. That year was a journey on the Aragonés (Oloron Ste-Marie to Puente La Reina), and then I bussed up to Irun to walk for several weeks on the Norte.

I had a lot of fun making these videos of the Aragonés, and I thought I would share a link in case anyone wants to have a visual of the route (or else just dream of what it's like to be out there, walking).

Buen Camino!
Nadine
I remember your earlier posts, I think you struggled with illness and maybe with sore feet? Good to see you again! I have to pay attention to some bread about ready to come out of the oven, and a few other things, but in a couple of hours will have time to follow your post. Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looking forward to Part 2! Brought back great memories, I loved the Camino aragonés 😎
I know I will have to walk it again because I too missed the Monastery! And maybe this time I will take the bus 😁😉
Haha, yes, I think taking the bus to the Monastery is a good solution (the walk was beautiful, but it was a very long and difficult day). So you will have to go back!! Part 2 of the walk is already up!! Here's the link (but, I think if you manage to navigate over to my channel on YouTube, you can see it there, and others from the Norte that I'm starting to post. I'm very new to YouTube, so still learning how it all works)

NadineK, thank you for the welcomed surprise video/story this morning. I am sitting here in Merrickville, Canada looking out on a couple of feet of snow and cold temperatures, dreaming of another Camino adventure but not yet vaccinated, and you have provided a new inspiration. Thank you for taking the time.
You're very welcome, Mike, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. I wish I had taken more video while on the walk (I hadn't intended to put something like this together), but it's been so much fun to go back through my photos and videos and reminisce. I live just outside of Philadelphia and the snow is falling here, too (not a couple of feet, but at least a few inches!). I think for the moment we'll need to continue to dream of the Camino, but it will be there for us when the pandemic subsides!

I remember your earlier posts, I think you struggled with illness and maybe with sore feet? Good to see you again! I have to pay attention to some bread about ready to come out of the oven, and a few other things, but in a couple of hours will have time to follow your post. Thank you!
I have bread in the oven too! :) I hope yours turns out well.

I DID struggle with illness when I walked the Camino de San Salvador several years ago (the last few days were tough, and I absolutely should have taken a bus/train to Oviedo to recuperate, lesson learned). I haven't posted on this forum as much as I "lurk" to read others' posts... but I'm still walking a Camino route any chance I can get. Well, I WAS walking the Camino, and hope to get back out there as soon as it's safe. Hope you're well!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you @NadineK for sharing your Camino memories with us. Having walked the Catalan camino to the point where it joins with the Aragonés route, and then walking along this route to Puente La Riena (and on to Santiago), I saw some familiar sights in the second part of your video. I love the beautiy and peacefulness of this route. Let us all hope that one day we will again be able to enjoy the magic of walking a Camino.

Buen Camino!
Nadine
Hi Nadine. Enjoyed your video. My husband and I walked the Chemin Arles route in 2013 and finished in Puente la Reina as well. Brought back great memories. A well done video. Karen and Dayton

I have bread in the oven too! :) I hope yours turns out well.

I DID struggle with illness when I walked the Camino de San Salvador several years ago (the last few days were tough, and I absolutely should have taken a bus/train to Oviedo to recuperate, lesson learned). I haven't posted on this forum as much as I "lurk" to read others' posts... but I'm still walking a Camino route any chance I can get. Well, I WAS walking the Camino, and hope to get back out there as soon as it's safe. Hope you're well!
First, the bread came out very well. I actually used a recipe using pinhead oatmeal and it looks well cooked, as I cut into it now to give some to a bubble member to take home. Yes, the Salvador. Such a challenge for me, so difficult that I lost the third day which I know would have been the most rewarding. Anyway, this too will pass, and as I said, it is lovely to see you active again.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Haha, yes, I think taking the bus to the Monastery is a good solution (the walk was beautiful, but it was a very long and difficult day). So you will have to go back!! Part 2 of the walk is already up!! Here's the link (but, I think if you manage to navigate over to my channel on YouTube, you can see it there, and others from the Norte that I'm starting to post. I'm very new to YouTube, so still learning how it all works)

Absolutely lovely. Thank you!
I walked it the same year as you, August 2019. Such memories!

Laughed at the point where you missed the alternative route to the SJdjP Monastery! My wife and I followed that “path” in 2018 and it was a slog up the mountain during a rainstorm that slowly turned into snow. That rocky path you showed was a stream and we ended up abandoning he route after Atares as it became unpassable due to mud and water.

That large sign at the turnoff is new, though, as are the markings — in 2018, gps or maps.me was the only way to find it. I’m glad it’s being re-established as an official path.

Laughed at the point where you missed the alternative route to the SJdjP Monastery! My wife and I followed that “path” in 2018 and it was a slog up the mountain during a rainstorm that slowly turned into snow. That rocky path you showed was a stream and we ended up abandoning he route after Atares as it became unpassable due to mud and water.

That large sign at the turnoff is new, though, as are the markings — in 2018, gps or maps.me was the only way to find it. I’m glad it’s being re-established as an official path.
And to think I missed it WITH the large sign!! I can't even imagine doing that climb in rain or snow- I had a hot day, but it would have been so much worse in tougher elements.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Absolutely lovely. Thank you!
I walked it the same year as you, August 2019. Such memories!
Ahh, you were there just after me! Yes, such memories, and such a beautiful Camino.

Thank you @NadineK for sharing your Camino memories with us. Having walked the Catalan camino to the point where it joins with the Aragonés route, and then walking along this route to Puente La Riena (and on to Santiago), I saw some familiar sights in the second part of your video. I love the beautiy and peacefulness of this route. Let us all hope that one day we will again be able to enjoy the magic of walking a Camino.
I do agree with you, hoping that we'll all be able to return again to the peace and magic of the Camino. In the meantime, I'm reliving these memories and holding onto gratitude for being able to walk in the way that I have over the years.

Hi Nadine. Enjoyed your video. My husband and I walked the Chemin Arles route in 2013 and finished in Puente la Reina as well. Brought back great memories. A well done video. Karen and Dayton
After I finished my walk on the Aragonés I started researching the Arles route, and it's yet another Camino for my list!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
After I finished my walk on the Aragonés I started researching the Arles route, and it's yet another Camino for my list!
A very beautiful route. Very few Pilgrims, but great food and enough pilgrims to have that ‘Camino’ feeling. And you get to cross at Somport again!!! It took us 35 days from Montpellier to Puente la Reina. Of course we’re retired so we can afford the time. From your video you seem to have a great attitude, so I hope you have many more opportunities for more Caminos. Karen
London, Canada

Most read last week in this forum

I got a WhatsApp a little bit ago and also saw here on the forum that @Vacajoe posted that the pilgrim albergue in Canfranc Pueblo will be opening April 16.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back