• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Aragones - Starting end of November - Doable?

vlebe

Walker Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2001; 2004; 2009; 2013, 2016.....
Hi there fellow pilgrims!

I`ll kind of repeat myself from a different topic in the VdlP area but maybe I can get more inputs about one of the options for my next camino here.

This option would be starting the Aragon's around the 26th of november and head towards Puente la reina and from there west until Finisterra.

I know it will be cold, and possibly with a lot of snow. I`m a fairly experienced Big Wall and Alpine climber, fit and not scared of snow and cold but;

Although I`ll have to make an assessment previously on how much snow it might be up there at the end of november how covered will be the way marks (maybe a GPS will be necessary) and depending on conditions I can either start form a lower sea level location (after Somport in Canfranc or Jaca) or take some snow gear with me if necessary. If emergency strikes on the last time, I can move to the Carretera ( dangerous and boring but... We can live with that).

Do you guys think starting from Jaca ( if there is too much snow) is still all right in terms of beautiful scenery and landscapes, challenge, etc?

Also, will I find albergues opened until I join the Frances?

Thanks you all

Ultreia!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do you guys think starting from Jaca ( if there is too much snow) is still all right in terms of beautiful scenery and landscapes, challenge, etc?

Also, will I find albergues opened until I join the Frances?
There won't be a lot of mountains leaving from Jaca, but the scenery is quite nice.

Most of the albergues are not seasonal, but you may have to call for the key to get in. Look here for specifics:
http://www.gronze.com/camino-aragones

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back