• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arcade to Combarro Distance..?

dreaminggypsy

Time of past OR future Camino
April/May 2020
Using the various sites: Gronze and Brierley and guide books and such...I have the distance from Arcade to Combarro at about 14 miles or 22.5 KMS. Is that about right? Also, what would an accurate distance from Combarro to Armentiera be...I found conflicting reports in my own research. Thank you. Tammi Clancy--Starting April 12th in Porto. And, yes, Casa Fernanda's is booked!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I havent a clue but usually ide use google maps !! Or do online map checking!!nice walk ime sure!

I have googled the heck out of it on the internet and on this forum...? Just would like feedback of someone who has walked it to tell me. Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That did make me laugh lol maybe at my own poor attempt at answering it as i havent walked it but thought maybe you hadnt tried google maps or something!! Usually theyre quite accurate!! Anyway hope you get more info than online maps and tòg a bògie

My GPS tracks show 23.7 km from Arcade to Combarro and 9.54 km from Combarro to Armenteira. However, exact GPS distances should always be taken with a slight grain of salt. They depend on where exactly the start and finish points are selected, slight deviations in the walking path, and they have to take into consideration standard GPS error.

When I develop GPS tracks for use in my projects I start with my own track and then collect tracks provided to me by others and do a programmatic sort of 'averaging' on them to reduce GPS error. But the larger the distance involved, the larger the error margin will be regardless. Hence why you can see differences of half a km or more when looking at the 'same' stage from different sources.

Also, distance doesn't always equate with difficulty. Elevation gain / loss is important to consider as well as the quality of the path itself (rocky, paved, muddy, etc.).

Enjoy the Espiritual – it's a very nice detour and well-worth the extra walking.

Not sure on the distance but I stayed in the beautiful stone village of Combarro, then walked the following day to Armenteira in late April 2019. It was not a long distance and helped shorten the day as there was the "killer hill" between the two villages. It was the only difficult section of the SV for me.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I did this Camino 3 times in September and October 2019. I calculated 24.5 km from centre of Arcade (1.5km to Ponte Sampaio then another 23km) to Combarro where the Port is passing through beautiful but narrow Old Town. Then to Armenteira uphill it's a tough but rewarding 10km. Go to Chapel inside cloisters of Monastery at 9am to see the nuns singing as its one of the best experience on this Camíno. Then wait until 10am to get stamp in tourist office at entrance to cloister and after go inside Church itself.

Thanks for your answers, everyone. And, yes, Chrissy-we are staying in Combarro two nights for a rest day. We thought it would be the perfect place for a rest day.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back