• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arc'Teryx Konseal FL GTS M Shoe

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
Trying out different shoes after having a problem for the first time with Merrell Moab 2 shoes (caused a pretty bad corn). These shoes were comfortable in comparison to many other brands tried at MEC store however am wondering if anyone has had any experience wearing this shoe Camino walking.

Thanks

Guy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Many people love Merrell Moabs. After finding they were the most recommended brand several years ago, my husband bought a pair. They felt fine in the shop and at home. But a disaster once he started serious camino walking. He resorted to hacking pieces out of them with nail scissors. Eventually he bought cheap sandals which he wore for the rest of that camino.

It goes to show that shoes are very personal, as personal as every person's foot. I'm sure you will find some who love the brand you are quoting, and others for whom they are not right.

There is value in asking the opinion of others to compare features.

But otherwise if a particular shoe was "perfect" for everyone, there would only be one shoe.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Agreed...what I found difficult is that after walking 3,000 or so km’s on various Caminos wearing Merrill Moab shoes without any problems all of a sudden a serious problem developed. Either the last pair I had was not up to past standards or maybe more likely my feet/walking approach just changed!
In the end like anything else I must be open to change and find the right solution.

Thanks

Guy

Agreed...what I found difficult is that after walking 3,000 or so km’s on various Caminos wearing Merrill Moab shoes without any problems all of a sudden a serious problem developed. Either the last pair I had was not up to past standards or maybe more likely my feet/walking approach just changed!
In the end like anything else I must be open to change and find the right solution.

Thanks

Guy

Guy, sometimes a shoe manufacturer will change the site of their shoe production from one factory to another, or add another factory to handle the need to increase their inventory demand. Even though the same shoes forms (lasts) are used, the precision of a factory in using the lasts and then putting together the uppers to the lowers can vary. In some cases, this can cause the feel and the fit of a new shoe to act different to some folks who had been happy with the fit and feel of the same shoe in the past.

So it might not be you, but them. :)

Guy, sometimes a shoe manufacturer will change the site of their shoe production from one factory to another, or add another factory to handle the need to increase their inventory demand. Even though the same shoes forms (lasts) are used, the precision of a factory in using the lasts and then putting together the uppers to the lowers can vary. In some cases, this can cause the feel and the fit of a new shoe to act different to some folks who had been happy with the fit and feel of the same shoe in the past.

So it might not be you, but them. :)

Thanks...thought something like that might be possible.. and appreciate your confirming...not much one can do though. My concern about the Arcteryx pair I have (will keep trying in the house) is that their own website refers to great shoe on rock etc...main focus seems to be on a shoe for mountaineering approaches.

Sure Camino walking has some rocky areas but I have yet to need a shoe that sticks to a rock face...unclear as to whether this shoe is designed to walk 25 to 30 kms a day on roads, forest paths, etc etc.

Likely need to go back to MEC store a 3rd time and retry shoes argh...seemed too easy simply going with my trusty Merrell’s 😊...patience Guy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.