• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are bookmarks still working?

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
Am I the only one who has been merrily bookmarking posts only to find that there are no bookmarks in my list since December 2020?? :eek:

I posted a thread before about bookmarks disappearing, but in this case they are not even showing up, neither on my Android phone nor on my Windows laptop. I just tried to bookmark a post and the process seemed to work as it should, but nothing got added to my list.

Ummmmmm....
@ivar?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I checked. I only have one thread bookmarked ( July 2021 ) and I can see it on my laptop and on my Android Phone.
I just bookmarked another thread to see what happens and this one is also added in the list.
So all seems ok from here.

Doesn't work for me. I tried another test bookmark, hit submit, and then went to my list, and nothing new is there. Could it possibly be a Forum account setting glitch? Will look. It's helpful to know it works for others.
🤔

We have seven bookmarks, the oldest is from 2018, one from 2020 and the rest from 2021. Did one the other day with no problems and it’s still there. We can see them on our desktop computer and on our IPhone.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
To divert here just a bit, I noticed since yesterday that when I now type a post my texting letters appear very tiny; the same size as after hitting "post reply". I will get used to it, but kind of odd and a bit harder to notice and fix my typos.
Has anyone else noticed this same thing?

Last edited:
@ivar, reporting back to say that there is nothing I can find in my settings that might be causing this. But the other thing I discovered is that I can't seem to delete any bookmarks. Any request goes straight to a bookmark note function. Something's clearly awry - bugs in whose system is the question...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-182343_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-182343_Opera.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 4
I can't swear to it, but I think I added some bookmarks over the years. When I looked just now, it is pristine clean, not a bookmark to be found! I am more interested in having the option to include details of caminos underneath the avatars. That is a help, for me, to see if someone has walked a particular camino. The current option is not that useful, in my view. No matter who offers to help me, I just get the same old four digit option. I forget now what the default set of figures was, 13 hundred and something!😁

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have 8 bookmarks going back to 2019. I was able to both create and delete a bookmark just now. I wonder if it depends on which browser or operating system we are using?

However, since I did lose bookmarks a few years ago I now save threads that I think will be really important to me in Pinterest.

I am studying this situation and will report back! 🤓

when I now type a post my texting letters appear very tiny; the same size as after hitting "post reply". I will get used to it, but kind of odd and a bit harder to notice and fix my typos.
Has anyone else noticed this same thing?
No, I haven't noticed, but I have seen that sort of oddity before on my computer and phone (not related to the forum). Let's hope it will just decide to go back to normal!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My guess is that there is a mixup between an old bookmark add-on, and a newer bookmark feature that is now built into the forum software. I really don't know much about how these things work - I am better at knowing how they don't work! 😂

A suggestion to anyone who has been using bookmarks on the forum... If Ivar needs to make some adjustments, I am afraid that some of the bookmarks might be lost. I suggest going to each of the following links and making a screenshot of the results.

Bookmarks Tab: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/bookmarks

Bookmarks List: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/bookmark/

Last edited:
Oh. Duh.. (Facepalm)
There are two places to look.
So the tab that opens if I click on my avatar is the one that I was having problems with. There are only a few bookmarks here, from last Nov/Dec. No editing or deletion is possible.

What I access from my account menu ('bookmark list') are all more recent. All of my older bookmarks are gone, which is not a tragedy, but definitely a bummer. I can delete these.

I vastly prefer the format of the list rather than the tab - it gives much more information. So if you decide you want to streamline by deleting one or the other, @ivar, I hope the tab is the one that goes, not the list.

Thanks good people! A 1st world problem to be sure. But I use these not infrequently.

My guess is that there is a mixup between an old bookmark add-on, and a newer bookmark feature that is now built into the forum software. I really don't know much about how these things work - I am better at knowing how they don't work! 😂

A suggestion to anyone who has been using bookmarks on the forum... If Ivar needs to make some adjustments, I am afraid that some of the bookmarks might be lost. I suggest going to each of the following links and making a screenshot of the results.

Bookmarks Tab: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/bookmarks

Bookmarks List: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/bookmark/

I have nothing since December 2020 under the first link.
But my more recent bookmarks, and some older ones, are under your second link.

@VNwalking
I too thought I’d lost my more recent bookmarks …
but although @C clearly ’s two links have ‘restored’ all my bookmarks, I haven’t a clue why they’re in two different places …. 🤔

PS I’ve bookmarked those two links 😉😎

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.