• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are most questions on here facetious??

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For some planning their first Camino it can all seem rather overwhelming and confusing.
It might be their first time travelling alone, or first time in another country, first time hiking, whatever.
And there appears to be so many options to be considered, not just in gear, but routes, accommodation, getting there.......

All those questions and answers, for many people, just help calm down the nerves a bit I think. And it draws new Pilgrims into reading other threads and interacting with other members that all helps them in their preparation and builds their confidence.

Of course you could 'go with the flow'. But where's the fun in that ? ;);)
@Robo, fully agree. Just back from my first Camino - and this forum was invaluable in my preparation and successful completion of the CF. I live by what was drummed into me in my military flying training: Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance!😄Cooee

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi @TerryW, I suppose you have not yet read the answers in the thread that say that Tu scis im rectum means You know I'm right. Never mind, it ain't so anyway. It's gibberish.
  • Tu is Latin for you.
  • scis is Latin for (you) know. Scire is Latin for to know, to understand
  • im is English for I'm. It did not get translated into Latin when the sentence was put through Google Translate.
  • rectum is a grammatical form of the Latin word rectus, recta, rectum. It can mean straight or right. That's why most people recognise it: rectum in English is the final straight portion of the large intestine in humans.
In short, it makes no sense. You get a more meaningful Latin sentence if you type You know I am right into Google Translate. Grammar matters sometimes. 🤓

Now I'm waiting to see if you have a question I can answer when you reach the message about the Newtonian-Cartesian paradigm. 😇
Grammar matters sometimes. Which is why I'm learning Esperanto - SO much easier than Latin ( which I dropped age 12 :))

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What too wear, what clothes, what socks ,trousers ,skirts ,tops , bottoms, boots , sandals, hats, bed bugs, gloves, sarongs, quick dry clothes ounces of gear !! Kgms , alberques , routes, donativos , thousands prob of threads on what when where and why and everything inbetween!! Every single part critiqued and clinically examined!!
Does anyone just go and go with the flow?

Your list is a fair description of a tag cloud. Methinks this forum needs one. There is a search engine, but a tag cloud is easier for the burning newbie questions.

Now you're getting all Buddhist on us @Tincatinker.:cool:
Please, Sabine. Some merciless old Greek gods might soften the edges of this crunchy thread.;)

Don't get me started with that quote, Anto. ;););)
As if we are anything other than nature, even though we think we're so very special.

[Is it the planets or are we all just generally grumpy?:p]
@VN Walking - you are clever

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
no wonder I never got beyond "iti sapis spotanda bigone" at school.;)
Yes, that's amusing and easily translated by anyone with a sharp eye:
Iti sapis spotanda bigone = It is a pisspot and a big one.

Also amusing was @C clearly's earlier post:
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.
That's proper Latin, though modern, and means:
Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out.

I understand that it is a quote from a 1990 book by Henry Beard, Latin for all occasions, an American humorist who had studied Latin for several years and wrote the phrases himself but had them checked by Latin scholars. Highly recommended to be put on a Christmas wish list for anyone who wants to throw the odd Latin phrase into future forum messages without embarrassing himself again 😘.

My all time favourite quote is one I learnt thanks to my offspring who acquired all their classical Latin education through reading the Asterix and Obelix comics books: Sol lucet omnibus - the sun shines upon us all. It opens up a wide field of interpretations 😊.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you SYates for the most useful piece of information in this thread. I shall use it with enthusiasm before my next breath.

To "ignore" postings of a member, just hover your cursor over their picture/avatar and select/click the ignore option that appears above the picture/avatar.

What too wear, what clothes, what socks ,trousers ,skirts ,tops , bottoms, boots , sandals, hats, bed bugs, gloves, sarongs, quick dry clothes ounces of gear !! Kgms , alberques , routes, donativos , thousands prob of threads on what when where and why and everything inbetween!! Every single part critiqued and clinically examined!!
I’m kinda a go with the flow type. My first Camino I had no idea what it was about. I went because I watched the movie The Way. A backpack with some essentials but no may or guide I just asked at my starting point which was then Sarria. After Santiago walked to Finisterre and on to Muxia. Learned a few things and went back this year and did Portuguese and and to Muxia again but I had a guide book. Going back 2019 planning to do Primitivo. Anyway everybody’s different and if throughly planning is for you that’s fine. I say more power to you and I admire you for planning your Camino.

Okay, I'll play.
I'll give you 2 answers to your original question, but first let me preface by saying that my husband and I are very experienced wilderness and long distance hikers. Neither of us needed advice on what clothes or footwear to take on Camino. Logistical information and route information we definitely needed. That said:

1) My husband agrees with you. He finds it funny that so many people don't have a clue about anything hiking (or walking-whatever you want to call the Camino) related :) He thinks it's silly to overthink one change of clothes, one set to wear, maybe a rain jacket, a piece of soap, and a basic first aid kit. I'm not kidding.

2) His best friend (he's walked many Caminos without us) and ME. While I don't need the advice on what to wear or what pack to take, etc.. Reading and planning for the Camino is an escape from the stress of my career, same for our friend. Discussing silly things like "how much Dr. Bronner's are you taking", helps get us through the months as we wait for our vacation to arrive. Plus, I like sharing my experiences with other people and sometimes read some great ideas that I hadn't thought about. I may not use that idea, but I am now better informed on other options.

Being a member of a forum and exchanging thoughts is just plain fun for some of us. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Now you're getting all Buddhist on us @Tincatinker.[Is it the planets or are we all just generally grumpy?:p]
There’s a proverb “a gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger” and I think we see this happening here. Mostly on this forum people make a real effort to be polite and accommodating. Then along comes someone purportedly just asking a simple question, but doing it in a condescending way that implies his experience is superior to anyone who does things differently. He got pulled up by some trying to restore our usual atmosphere - which he clearly objected to....and the battle lines were drawn.

As for whether this is a classroom or not - certainly looks like this thread is - it’s a philosophy class, a Latin class, a spelling class and a human biology class. As a lifelong learner, I’m loving it (although having to re-read some posts to find the intended message amidst the creative spelling is getting a little tedious)

It behooves anyone going to a new country and participate in a whole new adventure to do an appropriate amount of research to ensure the success of that adventure.

For me, it is when I begin that pilgrimage that I attempt to let the rest of the world fall away and let me experience what may come. Problems? Sure. They will come on their own and they are handled, hopefully with a minimum of scarring. But, once the lay of the land, so to speak, is learned, the rest is complete enjoyment.

Though not everyone discovers this Forum, it seems now, each year, Spain hosts several hundreds of thousands of Pilgrims. It does make sense to have a centralized source for the wisdom they seek before, during and after the pilgrimage is complete. 😎

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Why are people getting so annoyed over a simple question?! Freedom of speech is dead clearly! Also, correcting ones grammer?! Is this a classroom or what. Yikes.

I'm with you. Correcting grammar is pretty harsh and I only say this because the majority of people I work struggle with their literacy.

While it's ok to be upset, it's not ok to pick on someone's grasp of written language. As I said in my previous post, I think it's a bit of light hearted fun but I'm a little disappointed to see some of the harsh responses from members I look up to
:(

I think this thread has came too its natural end☺ which ime sure many would agree is a good thing!! However myself , in any forum or way of life or in a country etc etc freedom of speech and dignity should be respected and protected !! I started the thread in good faith with an open question on a forum where anyone can post what they choose!!
There are lots of comments that were posted that i found really interesting as debating and opinions are part of everyday life!!
I got lots of opinions and comments that many would find very offensive and ive a sneeky suspicion that if i had even dared say anything similair or react i wouldve been reported immediatelly!! Which i assume is what some were hoping for!! But thats just a guess !Myself , i dont take criticism personally and i actually think its healthy too have a bebate!! Its democratic and good!
There are certain members , who of course ime not going too name , seem too think that they can say as they wish as ime sure the rapport they have built with long standing members give them some sort of sway!! They think its their small world and should not be disrupted!! But thanks for all those who liked my thread and thanks for all who debated!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are certain members , who of course ime not going too name , seem too think that they can say as they wish as ime sure the rapport they have built with long standing members give them some sort of sway!! They think its their small world and should not be disrupted.
Not true, even the longest standing members of this forum have been sanctioned for breaking the rules from time to time.

As someone rightly pointed out i should have used the term frivolous in my thread!! A much more accurate term!!☺
Did someone suggest that its verbal abuse too say theres far too much excessive planning and frivolous questions on these threads?? Thats just silly and ridiculous☺ its just an honest observation in my view and the way a lot of people got really upset suggests i hit a nerve with some!! Which i didnt intend☺

Anto , old boy ,
In 5 months time it will be your turn on the Camino ,
If you are not sure about this , please ask as many questions as you wish,
Have you considered that of the 300,000 people who walk this every year from different parts of France and Spain we are only assisting a very small percentage who are not TOOOOO sure about this walk , where you might say the obvious applies;
1/ Clothes are not important .............................you can change them
2/ Distances per day are not important ............you can alter them
3/ What it costs can't be helped.......................you don't have a choice in many cases if you wish to enjoy life
4/ The consequences of where we stay ..........you can change them as you go
etc etc etc etc
So old boy,
On your Pony and give us a report after you return

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sol lucet omnibus - the sun shines upon us all. It opens up a wide field of interpretations 😊.
Beautiful. With multiple levels of meaning. Thank you @Kathar1na - and of course Asteryx.

it is a quote from a 1990 book by Henry Beard, Latin for all occasions,
Funny! Thank you for this also. Now I know what to say when I'm in some cafe-less hamlet at dawn and the 'coffee' machine takes my coins but doesn't cough up the caffeine.
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede portum vel mihi redde nummos meos! (Infernal machine! Give me a beverage or give me back my money!)

Last edited:
Not true, even the longest standing members of this forum have been sanctioned for breaking the rules from time to time.
I’m not longest-standing by any means, but I have been rapped over the knuckles for an offence - if I’d been here longer it probably would have happened more than once (and that’s even with trying to choose my words carefully and think of how they might be received)

I’m considering using this thread with my teens to teach them all sorts of things about internet etiquette and communication and irony.....

I’m not longest-standing by any means, but I have been rapped over the knuckles for an offence - if I’d been here longer it probably would have happened more than once (and that’s even with trying to choose my words carefully and think of how they might be received)

I’m considering using this thread with my teens to teach them all sorts of things about internet etiquette and communication and irony.....

That's a great idea! It can teach a valuable life lesson about how people react when they feel triggered by a comment or response.

It's a rare talent the ability to tread gently and with tolerance. Self reflection and restraint before hitting send is a great life lesson too. It is one I have learned the hard way in the past.

One last Latin insight:

Caritas.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Kiwi-family, I think you could be on a winner here. Another forum member pointed out recently that with this ‘flat’ type of encounter, it is much more difficult to ‘read’ how the message might be received by the other person(s). Even face to face, given our human kaleidoscope of sensitivities, it is too easy to get it wrong. The best thing though is that our mistakes can be our friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excessive planning is exactly what ime talking about waay too much!! And may i say tincatinker thank you for youre googilised version of facetious but i was taught old school as it meant frivolous !! I dont pay attention too google or wikipedia i went too a latin inspired school!! But i understand youre confusion!!
We live in the western world , rain, snow , it happens!! Heat!!
What is wrong with just going ? Me and 2 friends did and enjoyed it just fine !! Excessive planning!!
Believe half of what you see
And nothing of what you believe
If you don’t like what you see on this forum ... the answer is really easy ... find something else to do with your time!
All these ‘frivolous’ posts have plenty of replies, which I think shows that there are plenty of people out there who are quite happy with the status quo.
Keep up the good work, Ivar.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @TerryW, I suppose you have not yet read the answers in the thread that say that Tu scis im rectum means You know I'm right. Never mind, it ain't so anyway. It's gibberish.
  • Tu is Latin for you.
  • scis is Latin for (you) know. Scire is Latin for to know, to understand
  • im is English for I'm. It did not get translated into Latin when the sentence was put through Google Translate.
  • rectum is a grammatical form of the Latin word rectus, recta, rectum. It can mean straight or right. That's why most people recognise it: rectum in English is the final straight portion of the large intestine in humans.
In short, it makes no sense. You get a more meaningful Latin sentence if you type You know I am right into Google Translate. Grammar matters sometimes. 🤓

Now I'm waiting to see if you have a question I can answer when you reach the message about the Newtonian-Cartesian paradigm. 😇
I did not know I was so illiterate ( I can't believe spell check did not underline the last word wow). Ok what does New something meen . I am having a ball here.:p:).

Oh, Kiwi, you know you really just want a good excuse to spend more time on the forum and not feel guilty! 😉

I did not know I was so illiterate ( I can't believe spell check did not underline the last word wow). Ok what does New something meen . I am having a ball here.:p:).

If this is a hijack - well, goodbye words!
I have to admit, when push comes to shove - once we move on to levels of high stuff, and labels, I am immediately lost.
Give me the simplicity of this guy:
Lone Dog

I'M a lean dog, a keen dog, a wild dog, and lone; I'm a rough dog, a tough dog, hunting on my own; I'm a bad dog, a mad dog, teasing silly sheep; I love to sit and bay the moon, to keep fat souls from sleep. I'll never be a lap dog, licking dirty feet, 5A sleek dog, a meek dog, cringing for my meat, Not for me the fireside, the well-filled plate, But shut door, and sharp stone, and cuff and kick, and hate. Not for me the other dogs, running by my side, Some have run a short while, but none of them would bide. 10O mine is still the lone trail, the hard trail, the best, Wide wind, and wild stars, and hunger of the quest!
No room for misinterpretation!
Honestly, I get paralysed with isms and schisms and all that jazz. I do love people though who can interpret mystery for the rest of us. Not even mystery. Just history, or maths, or science! One of my best decisions recently was to pay up and attend a course on The 21st Century Brain. I have the notes. Some of it did stick, but I have the notes!
What was the name of this thread again? Oops! Maybe I should have posted in the Not a serious thread!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I've been on the forum nearly 2 years and my hands have been slapped twice...and they still sting! ☺

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, I am!...but tryin' to keep the slaps to a minimum!

No slaps for me so far but in my desire to keep this uniquely GOOD forum at it's best, I may be getting a slap soon.

What do I love most about this Forum? It is:

Civil

Authentic

Supportive

Factual (with the normal amount of subjectivity)

Educational

Entertaining with great stories about the Camino experience

A Troll Free Zone

I really hope this forum can stay this way. There are so few remaining that are not infested with trolls.

I am not a Far Left Bleeding Heart Social Justice driven Liberal offended by every other word but I have to admit upon reflection that I was in fact “triggered” by the title of this thread – “Are most questions on here Facetious?”

My immediate reaction was a mixture of disappointment and anger that a Troll had arrived in Ivar’s forum. I saw this title as carefully worded “click bait”, a Troll strategy to enter a serious forum and deliberately antagonize the values of the forum members with the ultimate goal of starting arguments among the members all for the entertainment of the Troll. I decided the best thing I could do was ignore it so I did not click on it to read the OP’s expansion on the thread title.

Two days later I saw the thread title listed among the “Most Popular”. Now I was curious to see what was going on inside of this thread. Was the OP’s question actually legitimate? Could there really be an ongoing discussion as to the legitimacy of this forum. Was there a significant group that agreed with the OP? A Yes to these questions seemed unbelievable to me so I had to investigate to find out.

In my view, the title of the thread was an expansive insult to the members of this forum, deliberately antagonistic. Then I read the OP’s actual question and it was completely different in tone and content. This is a good example of “Click Bait” or bait and switch or false advertising… Bringing attention to oneself with a dramatic headline because an accurate title would result in much less interest.

As others have noted, it was an interesting sociological experiment to see the progression of reactions from the members here, especially the attempts to rehabilitate the OP’s reputation and turn things away from the title and question to a more light hearted, amusing conversation about language etc… Based on the title and other replies from the OP up to mid-day Saturday (when I learned about the “ignore” function and then used it on the OP) I’m not convinced the title was a innocent mistake but it is possible. The content of his future “contributions” to this forum will in fact answer that question.

From all the replies on this thread it is obvious there is a large appetite for levity and silliness in the membership. The popularity of this thread and the “Not a Serious Thread” prove it. Perhaps it is time to make a new category in the Forum where people can go to “play” so it is obvious to all what they are getting into. With a home for these types of threads, the moderators will have a place to move them if they get started in the mainstream areas of the forum.

Thank you twh for youre expansed thoughts on my original question!!
I find it bizarre you think that asking a question on an open forum is being a troll as you put it!! Though there is one other person that mentioned that phrase with regards too my question and verbally abusive etc etc!!
I think the forum is fantastic in many ways !! Just after reading thread after thread of what in my opinion what i thought was excessive questions about gear etc i thought if anyone else on the forum would agree with myself☺
Turns out quite a lot did and quite a lot didnt which is fair enough!!
Its just a simple question meant with no offence!! In hindsight i could have worded it differently but hey were all human!!
And i have previously stated all the bad comments directed to me, i simply ignored and didnt react!
However one recent thread that was on here when a lady called morgan holmes ( i think was her name) put a thread up discussing walking with a friend at nightime!! She was , in my opinion ridiculed or trolled as you say by many members and long standing ones ! Which is terrible as the ladies friend had issues of some sort and she was more or less mocked by many members and said she in turn announced she was leaving the forum!!
So all considered , maybe some need too look at longer standing clique members than looking at people asking a genuine question out of curiousity!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We are so easy to troll, though!! One hundred and forty responses on this thread alone!;)

Yes falcon269, you are correct but in the 7 months that I have been frequenting this forum I have never seen what I consider an example of "Trolling" until this thread title. So either it doesn't happen very often and I've just missed those examples or the moderators are VERY good at removing it quickly. I just hope the forum is able to retain it's current level of civility and all the other positive attributes we love about it. They are doing a GREAT job, this thread title seemed like an outlier to me based on my experience with this forum, thus my verbose comments.

YES

Antomuchacho, this morning, even though it is Sunday, and one oughtn't do housework on a Sunday! I hoovered and dusted and washed floors and so on and so forth. Why? The house was talking to me. The stairs carpet was a disgrace. The oose was flying around under the beds... it was time to give the place a shake-up. Does that ring a bell? Truth be told, there is not too much oose around these days with the disappearance of woollen blankets (that is a clue to the meaning of oose). Thanks for giving some of us an invitation to a bit of a shakeup. I do hope and I think I am correct, that you have come out of this in one piece. Better than in too pieces!!!

€149,-
Theres an oose loose about this house☺ you can only put it off for soo long! My guttering needs cleaned😨 its either 25 quid or get the ladder and bucket out 😨😧 ime still undecided!! Thanks kirkie for the reality check and on that point ime spotting dust myself in the kitchen!! It adds to the integrity of the room!!

ime sure the rapport they have built with long standing members give them some sort of sway!! They think its their small world and should not be disrupted!!

longer standing clique members
Now, now! :mad: Throwing that out that smear is something we cannot defend against, so it is a low blow. If any members hang around long enough, they become subject to this accusation. I have been around here for a long time, but I'm certainly not a member of any clique!!! Yes, I think I have developed some rapport with other members, but that seems to be a good thing, not a bad thing. Yes, we can provide support to each other to keep the forum as we "want" it. That is not necessarily a bad thing either. After all, membership is not compulsory.

We all have eccentricities and annoying habits. As time passes, we actually often become more tolerant of individuals on the forum. I can name a few people who regularly annoyed me, but now I accept them as individuals with occasional annoying characteristics, just like people in my real life. Everyone has some embarrassing relatives that we tolerate. I annoy myself daily, but get over it!

attempts to rehabilitate the OP’s reputation and turn things away from the title and question to a more light hearted, amusing conversation about language etc…
I suppose my responses could be among those. I consider the attempt to turn things away from a mildly offensive/provocative statement into something more "light hearted," thus allowing the guilty party to rehabilitate, was a good thing to do. I really didn't like some initial posts by @Antomuchacho , but my respect went up as I saw that he was willing to take some criticism/teasing. He was able to take it as well as dish it out. [However, now, with the more recent insinuations about long term members, the respectometer is oscillating. o_O]

All provocative statements, questions and much humour, have elements similar to trolling - it is not a new or universally terrible activity. There is a matter of degree and kindness. [Last sentence edited.]

Last edited:
Now cmon allowing me too rehabilitate!!?? Thats funny!! Thank you!! No ime just guessing the older members have formed a bit of a rapport and clique which is fine but shouldnt sway anyones opinion or gang up on anyone offering a healthy criticism !! But i suppose naturally it would as yous build a rapport over a period of time☺
The fact you said " we " become more tolerant suggests that there is some sort of official right of passage or ownership of sorts of the forum??or some sort of clique of sort which is fine!! Youre message confirms this and its neither bad nor good , its as is!! But it exists!
But thank you for youre reply

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The fact you said " we " become more tolerant suggests that there is some sort of official right of passage or ownership of sorts of the forum??or some sort of clique of sort which is fine!! Youre message confirms this and its neither bad nor good , its as is!! But it exists!
That is ridiculous. Definitely time to find some dust that needs my attention.

I think you did...then regretted not planning it out a bit more beforehand? :)

Having just walked from sjpdp to logrono, i understand the advice about booking rooms etc and certain route distances, however having just arrived home in the last two days i regret

1) not properly taking everything in properly i.e the scenery and taking more pics than i actually did etc as i was too busy head down and walking
And
2) not swapping contact details with a lot of the people i met along the way too keep in touch and hear how they got on

Buen camino

Did you seriously search that old input out😨☺ fair enough !!yea i regretted not bringing a proper camera and taking more photos☺ thanks for reminding me☺

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@twh I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who perceived antagonistic behaviour. It doesn’t have the lighthearted feel of other silly threads and I’m treading with much caution. The defense to the more recent personal (but just a little veiled) attacks which @C clearly exposed leaves me feeling the OP doesn’t “take” so well as “give”.
I’ll be watching from a distance from now.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
From all the replies on this thread it is obvious there is a large appetite for levity and silliness in the membership. The popularity of this thread and the “Not a Serious Thread” prove it. Perhaps it is time to make a new category in the Forum where people can go to “play” so it is obvious to all what they are getting into. With a home for these types of threads, the moderators will have a place to move them if they get started in the mainstream areas of the forum.
Is there anything wrong with light-hearted banter, @twh, that it needs to be segregated? If you don't want to participate, you don't have to: just read on...

And no, there are no cliques here - but there are a lot of strong opinions.
Prickly defensiveness, ''standing on a soap-box,' and overt (or perceived) judgement are usually the things that get people riled up here. But deliberate trolling hardly ever happens -and I think what @Antomuchacho wrote was not that, but his opinion. And we react as we react.
By and large this forum remains a civil place. That civility is in no small degree thanks to good moderators...for whom I am very grateful.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back