• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are old credentials still accepted in Albergues?

amancio

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
With they new policy of "only credentials issued in Santiago are valid starting April 1st", does anybody know if "old " credentials are still accepted in albergues?

I am going to the Lebaniego-Vadiniense end of May, and I wonder whether I can use a credential I have in my bedside table, it was issued by the Sevilla friends of the Camino Association (or some very similarly named organization).

Can such credentials still be used in albergues normally?

Please, Ivar, feel free to move this thread to a more relevant forum if you think this is not the right section.

Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We met a wonderful German gentleman twice on our current Walk. He has walked the Camino 7 times and has all of his passports connected together so a person cannot tell which is which. I don't think it makes a difference. He starts his pilgrimages in northern Germany from his home. He has walked by the finish of this current Pilgrimage over 12000 km.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back