A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Are there 4 Routes to Santo Toribio De Liébana?! Help, please.

RumAndChupacabras

Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you
Camino(s) past & future
Jul-Sept 2019 ~Apr. 2018 Oviedo, Santo Toribio, Covadonga~May/June 2016 Portuguese
Using the search feature I couldn't find anything on these routes, here in the forum.
Please tell me if I'm correct. According to this map found on the back of the Santo Toribio de Liebana credential, is the green RUTA DE LA MONTANA the same as the Lebaniego and the black (?) RUTA LEONESA O DEL ABREGO the same as the Vadiniense???
🤔
Also, do you know where I can learn more about the red RUTA DE LOS ASTURIANOS O DEL REGANON and the orange RUTA CASTELLANA O DEL SOLANO???

Michael; Camino-addicted

Take your time to enjoy a beautiful moment
Camino(s) past & future
A few Caminos
Next plan - Camino Vasco interior
The green line is the Lebaniego with the variant along the Rio Nansa and the "old" Camino before 2015 between Cicera and Lebena. If you walk the actual route, you will not walk over Collado de Arceon.

The black line between Santo Toribio and Portilla de la Reina is for sure not the Vadiniense. Here is a copy of my map for the stage "Santo Toribio - Espinama/Fuente Dé". The way of the black line goes at first along the nationalstreet 621 to the south. A kind of shortcut. Both ways come together in Portilla de la Reina.

I don´t speak spanish (but I have google translate ;)). The headline means "the secular, so non religious, ways to Santo Toribio". And the names of the route means "way of the people from Asturias, Leonesian Route. Castilian route". For me it looks like an information, which ways the people from different regions of Spain came over centuries to Santo Toribio. I don´t think, these ways are actually signed as a hiking route. But maybe I´m wrong and you can find something.

RumAndChupacabras

Camino(s) past & future
Jul-Sept 2019 ~Apr. 2018 Oviedo, Santo Toribio, Covadonga~May/June 2016 Portuguese
I don´t think, these ways are actually signed as a hiking route. But maybe I´m wrong and you can find something.
I'm trying to find that out because, that map/image I posted is actually 2 pages of the Credential!

Here's a full image, taken by @Canuck

Last edited:

RumAndChupacabras

Camino(s) past & future

The Kolbist

Camino(s) past & future
past: Frances, inland Portuguese, Fatima
future: Del Norte, coastal Porugues, Englis
@RumAndChupacabras - I heard San Vicente de la Barquera is a very picturesque town. Why not start there :). It would be like walking from Summerlin ;)... just kidding

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
notion900 Camino Vadiniense 4

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 146 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 245 25.0%