• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ruta Asturianas to Santo Toribio De Liébana (the red route)

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
Using the search feature I couldn't find anything on these routes, here in the forum.
Please tell me if I'm correct. According to this map found on the back of the Santo Toribio de Liebana credential, is the green RUTA DE LA MONTANA the same as the Lebaniego and the black (?) RUTA LEONESA O DEL ABREGO the same as the Vadiniense???
🤔
Also, do you know where I can learn more about the red RUTA DE LOS ASTURIANOS O DEL REGANON and the orange RUTA CASTELLANA O DEL SOLANO???

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The green line is the Lebaniego with the variant along the Rio Nansa and the "old" Camino before 2015 between Cicera and Lebena. If you walk the actual route, you will not walk over Collado de Arceon.

The black line between Santo Toribio and Portilla de la Reina is for sure not the Vadiniense. Here is a copy of my map for the stage "Santo Toribio - Espinama/Fuente Dé". The way of the black line goes at first along the nationalstreet 621 to the south. A kind of shortcut. Both ways come together in Portilla de la Reina.

I don´t speak spanish (but I have google translate ;)). The headline means "the secular, so non religious, ways to Santo Toribio". And the names of the route means "way of the people from Asturias, Leonesian Route. Castilian route". For me it looks like an information, which ways the people from different regions of Spain came over centuries to Santo Toribio. I don´t think, these ways are actually signed as a hiking route. But maybe I´m wrong and you can find something.

I don´t think, these ways are actually signed as a hiking route. But maybe I´m wrong and you can find something.
I'm trying to find that out because, that map/image I posted is actually 2 pages of the Credential!

Here's a full image, taken by @Canuck

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning to do the castellana route later this year if travel is allowed. I have started planning but am finding that accommodation is quite a long way off the route and there are not many shops/bars etc. So far I have got as far as Herrera in booking accommodation and then I am taking the train to Aguilera De Campoo to do one stage on the Olvidado to Cerevera just to find accommodation. Then I will rejoin the Castellana again in Cervera and head to Potes. After Potes I am heading to Poncebos via the Mercadillo Route from Fuente De to Cain. I will check accommodation again later in the year in case the problems I am having currently is due to covid and people are not sure whether there will be tourists out and about.

Most read last week in this forum

Interesting article on the Camino Lebaniego where Cantabria are receiving 1.4m euros towards the Camino. Seems it is part of a Euro 64m project across Spain, France and Portugal. Edit due to more...
Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back