• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are we oldest couple? Combined ages 155 years!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Congratulations! It is wonderful that you are such an active couple who seek adventures with a challenge. I wish you many more exciting walks! I pray that my husband an I can be doing what you are doing when we get to our 70's and 80's. :) I do know that there is a pilgrim on the Camino who is expecting to celebrate his 82nd birthday on arrival to Santiago. Not sure if he is alone!

Ultreia!

Mary

Advice from my 80-year-old father-in-law who walked with us last year is :take your time and go at a comfortable-for-you pace.

Blessings.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Wonderful.

In 2009 I met an 82 year old Italian lady who walked SJPP to SdC and was now on the way to Finisterre/Muxia.

She'd never done anything like this before in her life and was now determined to walk to Rome from her home.

I've been on the Camino a total of 132 days over 15 years and the answer is no, I have never met anyone with your combined aged.

There are others who will know better. Johnnie Walker often helps out in the pilgrims office in Santiago and he may know.

Wishing you every blessing.

JGarrett said:
We will begin our pilgrimage from SJPP May 3. Along the way we will celebrate our 78th and 77th birthdays. Are we the oldest couple of the season? Will we make it all the way? Check our blog http://www.villamilan.com

A friend walked from Pamplona to Santiago in, I think 1994 or thereabouts - he was 80 years old, and apparently the oldest to complete the camino that particular year...
Yous are a couple of youngsters!!!!
Buen camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Go at your pace and take your time. Let your body do the talking. If you are tired, stop. The camino de santiago is not a marathon.

God bless and buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You are an inspiration! No time limit, no stress, enjoy and take the time to smell the roses and I hope that maybe I can catch up with you both - buon Camino!

I am so encouraged by the two of you. I am a 59 year old grandmother who will be walking the camino "sola" from SJPP starting May 11. I was starting to get worried because I am not really a walker. I have been practice walking with my backpack and I plan to take it slow. I have until June 25 to reach Santiago. God willing, if I get done early, I would like to at least visit Fatima and Lourdes as a thanksgiving.

Last year, when we walked the Aragonez, our combined ages were a mere 144 ( 70 and 74). This year my husband will be accompanying an 'elderly' man of 89, but they will only be walking from Sartia onwards.
Do take it slowly, enjoy and take rest days, or very short days whenever you feel like it! Buen Camino! Anne

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
EXCITED AND READY!!! We arrive in Pamplona 1 May, bus or taxi to SJPP, stay two nights at Gite Ultreia on Rue de la Citadelle and begin El Camino Friday 3 May. At soon-to-be 78 and 77 years of age we will be slower than most. Say Hola as you pass us by. Our blog is at http://www.villamilan.com. John and Dot from Indiana

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.