• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are you a secret Julie Andrews????

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
“Kathryn walked a way down the mountainside and staggered up, arms outstretched and all we could hear was a faint, “The hills (puff) are (puff) alive (puff, puff), with (puff, puff, puff) the (puff) sound of (puff, puff), moooosicc”

Excerpt From
The Kiwi Sisters' Camino de Santiago
Sue Dwan

This is from day 1 to Orisson. Can sooo sympathise.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I sang the whole way along my recent trip on the via de la plata. Felt safe in doing so because I thought there was no one near. Many a cyclist caught me out!! and I think I scared a few spanish farmers and animals along the way too!! Hard not to sing as I was in such good spirits.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On my first Camino in 2012, cresting the high ground between Manjarin and El Acebo, I was simply overcome by the beauty of God's creation, and how blessed I was to be able to walk the Way. Some lines from the Morning Office, from the Benedicite, omnia opera Domini, came spontaneously into my head -- and I sang them all the way down the mountain!

A rare, precious, ecstatic, charismatic moment for someone normally buttoned-down very tightly!

In July 2016, on a number of occasions between Ponferrada and Sarria, one Italian man, one French lady, one Spanish lady, one German man and myself were lead by two Norwegian primary school teachers (both ladies) in singing the following song as we walked/danced our way along the road. It was like something out of the Pied Piper, but a moment I will always remember and treasure :) (Does that count??)

I love the mountains.
I love the rolling hills.
I love the flowers.
I love the daffodils.
I love the fireside.
When all the lights are low.

Boom dee ah dah. Boom dee ah dah.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In July 2016, on a number of occasions between Ponferrada and Sarria, one Italian man, one French lady, one Spanish lady, one German man and myself were lead by two Norwegian primary school teachers (both ladies) in singing the following song as we walked/danced our way along the road. It was like something out of the Pied Piper, but a moment I will always remember and treasure :) (Does that count??)

I love the mountains.
I love the rolling hills.
I love the flowers.
I love the daffodils.
I love the fireside.
When all the lights are low.

Lol! That's an old camp song I sang in Brownies about half a century ago!
(before they kicked me out)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Da hills are alive wit da sound of music

I sang, I twirled, I tap danced all while singing loudly and hoping no one caught me! On my first camino my friend and I sang the brownie song "I met a bear" when we needed more energy to finish off the day's walk. On my second camino I was often dancing to the songs "Happy" and "Say What You Wanna Say" - sometimes dancing right behind other pilgrims who never turned around. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one having fun on the trail!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This whole thread makes me smile this morning.
All that warbling along the way. I do it too, sometimes, which is one reason I like to walk alone. ;) Things come out of the deep recesses of the mind that I haven't thought about for decades. "For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies........" Things like that.
If I ever come around a corner to find a Ninja warrior, I'll know it's you @nycwalking .
And @hel&scott . . . ouch.

Scott used to get our packs ready a week or two before the Camino and leave them by the door ready to go... And then he could be heard signing "Our bags are packed and I'm ready to go, the taxis called for the early morn, cause we're leaving on a jet plane, leaving on a jet plane" for days. When we finally did get into the taxi to take us to the airport the pair of us would come out of the house singing that song at the top of our lungs.

I ALWAYS get songs stuck in my head when I walk. Singing is the only way to work them out. And when/if I ever pass that way again, that song always comes back to me! Thus: two weeks ago I walked a bit of the Camino Madrid with Kanga and a merry little troupe, and me and an upright lawyer from Hong Kong sang every word of "Just One of Those Things."
For me, the road into Villalon de Campos will forever echo with that tune.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No but I do know most of the words to most Julie Andrews Broadway and movie songs and sing them while I hike! (Camelot, My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins, Souud of Music)

It would be ...

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium
Wir betreten feuertrunken
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!

(repeat and repeat) :rolleyes:
Oh boy! I better memorize the rest of this ode.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm not Julie Andrews, but I confess I've considered walking with a travel uke...

http://www.ukulelemag.com/gear-reviews/roundup-and-video-of-3-go-anywhere-plastic-ukes

BugsGear-Flamingo-Uke-Review-Ukulele-Magazine-Gear-Roundup.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So far, I haven't sung and danced at the same time on the Camino - but I did dance at the 100 km marker on our first Francés, and I've done a lot of singing, all over the place...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I get a desire to sing in small churches....and have done when I know I am alone. Usually Marble Halls something in Irish or some Enya.
I did get "caught" having a Sound of Music moment but it wasn't dancing. I made myself a casual sheer top for a holiday, to make my jeans and vest top look respectable, it went over the vest top to posh it up without adding an extra heat layer. We were checking into a hotel and I got really weird stares from everyone. My new top was made from the same fabric as their curtains...yep, I was wearing the curtains.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back