• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arived in Santiago

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
We walked the last 16km to Santiago through forests and fields dripping with rain. We started in the rain in Lourdes three weeks ago and did our last day in the rain -fitting finish!
There was no deviation to the route and we walked in exactly as Johnnie´s guide directed us to. We actually needed the guide more today than others as there were a few places - especially at intersections or T-junctions - where there were no arrows. Some pilgrims might have carried on or crossed the road to look for arrows or markers. Once we passed through the park outside Santiago all marks and arrows ended so we just followed the guide into Santiago. Even though the guide says that one does not have a good view of the cathedral, I saw more of the twin towers here than we did on the Camino Frances entrance.
We visited Ivar´s Camino Travel Centre and met two old friends whilst we were therel Thank you Ivar for holding onto my parcel while I´ve been walking - what a great service that is!
We will have tomorrow night in Santiago as well and then I´ll start walking the Fistera route on Saturday.
Buen camino todos,

Attachments

• Imagen 099.jpg
    Imagen 099.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 708
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back