• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arkansas (The South) Spring/Summer 2013

Sayumm19

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria > Finisterre (2014)
Hellllllloooo :D

My name is Samantha, from Arkansas USA. Looking at walking el camino in spring/summer of 2013.
Any others interested from anywhere in US?

Any tips on travel plans gladly accepted! :D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Air travel to Pamplona and from Santiago will minimize your overall travel time.

Get your footwear early, and work it in well.

Keep your pack light.

Don't push yourself, especially early.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Samantha:

I would fly Little Rock to Madrid and then train to Pamplona. Your options then would be to bus/cab to Roncevalles and then cab to SJPdP. You could also choose to start your walk from Pamplona or Roncesvalles, many do. Return would be flight from Santiago to Madrid then home to Little Rock.

Start slowly and let your body adjust to the walk.

Pack light. The forum offers many samples of packing lists.

Get good comfortable shoes. Make sure they have good soles and are broken in before the Camino.

Plan about 30 euro's a day for cost. Travel costs separate.

Give yourself some extra days for rest, sight seeing or a minor injury. Five to six weeks plus travel should be adequate time to complete.

Ultreya,
Joe

Have you decided when you are going? I live in Little Rock area and tentatively going May/June 2013.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Greetings from NW Arkansas ! .. We are going Sept-Oct 2014 . Hope you blog Samantha so we can follow your progress and learn . Our pre-Camino chesk list includes walking 15 miles /day for three days w/ full backpack , not sure what your preparations are but taker easy and don't injure . Wishing you the best on your Pilgrimage!

Joe & Laurie
Springdale Ar

Greetings from NW Arkansas ! .. We are going Sept-Oct 2014 . Hope you blog Samantha so we can follow your progress and learn . Our pre-Camino chesk list includes walking 15 miles /day for three days w/ full backpack , not sure what your preparations are but taker easy and don't injure . Wishing you the best on your Pilgrimage!

Joe & Laurie
Springdale Ar

Joe & Laurie,
Congrats on the ticket purchase...THAT SEALS THE DEAL!!. I live just outside Little Rock. I hiked from SJPP to Santiago May 16 thru July 3rd 2013. Had some bunion/blister issues which slowed me down. It was a wonderful journey. Met many terrific people from around the world. Also, met two UA students, one of which was a Fayetteville girl. You just never know who you will sit next to at dinner. I'm still in frequent contact with 9 folks I met while walking. My biggest regret is that I didn't get contact info from MANY that I became friends with. So, I suggest you get email addresses from as many as you can. Good Luck! And Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Joe & Laurie,
Congrats on the ticket purchase...THAT SEALS THE DEAL!!. I live just outside Little Rock. I hiked from SJPP to Santiago May 16 thru July 3rd 2013. Had some bunion/blister issues which slowed me down. It was a wonderful journey. Met many terrific people from around the world. Also, met two UA students, one of which was a Fayetteville girl. You just never know who you will sit next to at dinner. I'm still in frequent contact with 9 folks I met while walking. My biggest regret is that I didn't get contact info from MANY that I became friends with. So, I suggest you get email addresses from as many as you can. Good Luck! And Buen Camino!

Hello Sanddreamer! .. It certainly does :) . Your the second person I've met that is from Arkansas that's walked the C. Francis . The other is a guy , Steve Cooper, who is from Benton Co . walked 2000 mi from the tip of Italy to Santiago . Has a book ,, great reading " Six Months Walking the Wilds( of Western Europe)+ a video

Looking so much forward to having our adventure. Hope those Bunions and Blisters don't visit us ( wishful thinking ) . Will take names and email address' as you suggest . Thanks for stopping by and saying Hello!

Have you decided when you are going? I live in Little Rock area and tentatively going May/June 2013.
So sorry for never seeing this! As we know, life has a way of telling us when things are right. Turns out that 2013 was not the right year for my first camino. 2014, however, is! I plan on starting july 31/august 1. I'm glad to hear you completed your camino and met some fellow Razorbacks!
Buen Camino,
Samantha

Joe & Laurie
Springdale Ar
So funny, I just replied to your other post in another thread because I saw you were from Arkansas.
Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
So sorry for never seeing this! As we know, life has a way of telling us when things are right. Turns out that 2013 was not the right year for my first camino. 2014, however, is! I plan on starting july 31/august 1. I'm glad to hear you completed your camino and met some fellow Razorbacks!
Buen Camino,
Samantha

Samantha,
Best of Luck in your preparations and in your Journey. I relive at least a part of my Camino every day. It and the people I met are never far from my thoughts. I'm hopeful I can do the 500 hundred miles again in either 2015 or 2016. (with better shoes and fewer blisters, hopefully.)

Would love to follow you if you plan to prepare a daily journey.

Buen Camino to You
Rick

Southwest Ar. Here
Planning on the Camino Primative next year, Anyone here done that route

Hi,
As we know, life has a way of telling us when things are right. Turns out that 2013 was not the right year for my first camino. 2014, however, is! I plan on starting july 31/august 1. I'm glad to hear you completed your camino and met some fellow Razorbacks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------train songs for kids

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello from Dardanelle!
My dad and I plan on walking the Camino next year, June 2015. We aren't locked into a route yet,,possibly the Ingles, or maybe starting on the frances around Leon or so.

Edited: O.k. we are doing the Primitive, starting mid June.

Last edited:
well, plans change, We are going to start with the Camino Ingles, May 2015

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back