A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Arrival SDC at St James Festival July 24&25 - Albergues nearly booked

Camino(s) past & future
CF in sections 2019/2020
Notwithstanding the expected pilgrim crowds from Sarria on, I have decided to plan my 2020 Camino Frances arrival in SDC around the main days of the St James Festival on July 24-25.

The head’s up I want to give is that albergues appear to almost fully booked for these 2 nights. I mailed Hospederia San Martín Pinario and albergue the Last Stamp (‘’ Lamentablemente... sin disponibilidad and Lamentamos.... completo”) and I checked out Albergue Blanco on booking sites.

Notwithstanding the expected crowds (project “Night Owl🦉”, walk the last 100 km very early in the morning, arrive in SDC at 7 am) based on JohnnieWalker’s input in below thread, I still think it will be a memorable atmosphere to finish my first (solo) Camino:

I still managed one of the last cancellable bunk bed reservations via Booking (and also at Agoda) at albergue Santiago KM-0 (Euro 40 per night), which is conveniently located at zero km from Cathedral and Pilgrim’s office.

I wish you all buen camino in planning and preparing for your 2020 Camino🦶🦶.

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Notwithstanding the expected pilgrim crowds from Sarria on, I have decided to plan my 2020 Camino Frances arrival in SDC around the main days of the St James Festival on July 24-25.

The head’s up I want to give is that albergues appear to almost fully booked for these 2 nights. I mailed Hospederia San Martín Pinario and albergue the Last Stamp (‘’ Lamentablemente... sin disponibilidad and Lamentamos.... completo”) and I checked out Albergue Blanco on booking sites.

Notwithstanding the expected crowds (project “Night Owl🦉”, walk the last 100 km very early in the morning, arrive in SDC at 7 am) based on JohnnieWalker’s input in below thread, I still think it will be a memorable atmosphere to finish my first (solo) Camino:

I still managed one of the last cancellable bunk bed reservations via Booking (and also at Agoda) at albergue Santiago KM-0 (Euro 40 per night), which is conveniently located at zero km from Cathedral and Pilgrim’s office.

I wish you all buen camino in planning and preparing for your 2020 Camino🦶🦶.
40€ a night?! Wow! This past spring we had friends stay there and I think it was 16€ per person, or something close to that. 40€ is pretty steep for a bunk in a shared room! I guess with demand so high already for those dates the albergues and hotels are maximizing their opportunities 😄

Glad you found something. Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock