• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arrive in Santiago late.. walk or bus to Negreira

Abigail Kelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago/Fis/Muxia 2017
A Coruna/Santiago 2017
Portuguese Coastal/Variante Espiritual 2019
Hi guy's, I made a blunder on a hotel booking in Negreira. Meant to book for the 18th August and not the 17th. Plan was to walk from Santiago to Negreira on route to Finisterre/Muxia. There is no refund and my flight does not arrive into the airport until close to 5pm. I really wanted to walk from Santiago all the way but... I am going to start this leg of my journey as soon as I get off the flight...should I take a bus and which bus to Negreira or... take a bus some part of the way and walk the rest. Is there a bus I can take from the airport for this route? I think it will be impossible to do the 20 km ish so late in the evening...any suggestions really welcome. I did email Albergue Logrosa and tried phoning but no answer on phone or email response. It is 40 euro for the night in the Albergue as I was treating myself so I do not want to lose out on cost. Must be my faith!

Thank you once again

Abigail

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You shouldn't have any problem getting to Negreira by bus, there seem to be plenty from the bus station, but Logrosa is a village outside Negreira and not on the camino. You need to be sure exactly where you are walking, it will be daylight when you arrive so no real problem but do check for directions as I don't think it is on the camino.

Perhaps take the airport bus to the Santiago bus station and then a bus to Negreira.

For the SdC to N schedule see this web.
https://negreiracaminodesantiago.wordpress.com/bus/

Good luck and Buen camino!
Thank you for that schedule. The bus goes every hour at 45 and cheap. Any suggestion on where to get off half way's? I am looking on the gronze map and what I can make out Alto do Vento would be about 10km from Negreira.
You shouldn't have any problem getting to Negreira by bus, there seem to be plenty from the bus station, but Logrosa is a village outside Negreira and not on the camino. You need to be sure exactly where you are walking, it will be daylight when you arrive so no real problem but do check for directions as I don't think it is on the camino.

Thank you Sulu the Arb in Logrosa just got back to me. I think it is just over 1km from Negreira. They changed the booking for me which is great.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back