• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arrived - timing

sriyantra

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances September "2014"
Arrived yesterday in Santiago after walking in rain, mud etc from O'Pedrouzo. Hardest day we have had. Arrived at cathedral where protesters were assembled in front of cathedral so no nice pictures that I had imagined!!! All I could do was laugh because at Cruz de Ferro where I wanted other photo memories a car club tour arrived as we did and they took over the cross area!!! Life is all about timing and our expectations . Still pouring here but we made it !!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Arrived yesterday in Santiago after walking in rain, mud etc from O'Pedrouzo. Hardest day we have had. Arrived at cathedral where protesters were assembled in front of cathedral so no nice pictures that I had imagined!!! All I could do was laugh because at Cruz de Ferro where I wanted other photo memories a car club tour arrived as we did and they took over the cross area!!! Life is all about timing and our expectations . Still pouring here but we made it !!!!
When I arrived on my first Camino the Occupy movement was at its height, and the square was full of tents. Fortunately the protesters didn't obstruct pilgrims at all and it was all quite convivial.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Congratulations on reaching Santiago Sriyantra, you still have those memories of your journey to savour for many years to come and tomorrow the Botafumerio may well swing too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
All I could do was laugh because at Cruz de Ferro where I wanted other photo memories a car club tour arrived as we did and they took over the cross area!!! Life is all about timing and our expectations.
Congratulations on your Camino sriyantra, as the others say, enjoy Santiago. Just as we reached the Cruz in 2012 a French tour bus disgorged about seventy people who surrounded the Cruz for about half an hour, it was annoying and frustrating at the time but but I saw the funny side later. Expectations can indeed be a burden on the Camino.

Congratulations!

Sorry about the photo ops but it is all part of your Camino. I'm glad you are taking it in stride.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Congratulations on reaching Santiago Sriyantra, you still have those memories of your journey to savour for many years to come and tomorrow the Botafumerio may well swing too.
We were blessed today to see the Botafumerio, apparently the third day in a row it has happened, and the tears I cried were tears of joy. At those private moments no photos are needed!! How do you photo a contented heart? We still can't believe we have actually walked all the way from St Jean. The time has just flown by. Buen Camino everyone.

We were blessed today to see the Botafumerio, apparently the third day in a row it has happened, and the tears I cried were tears of joy. At those private moments no photos are needed!! How do you photo a contented heart? We still can't believe we have actually walked all the way from St Jean. The time has just flown by. Buen Camino everyone.

There Sriyantra, you see the camino always provides and it's timing is more perfect than time itself !;)

well done you..shame not to get the fotos you wanted..

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Congratulations!! We never did meet... but we finished on Sat 6th Sept... It was a wonderful but tough adventure... Back home overlooking pumicestone passage, dolphins, clear sunny skies.... We only had 2 mornings of light rain our whole journey...
Blessings!
Nigel & Marilyn

Sounds like a great life experience. Cant wait til May for my own. I know your a little up the coast, but if your back in time , would be great to hear all about it at the Sunshine Coast get together in Nov.
Enjoy whats left of your trip.
Craig

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sounds like a great life experience. Cant wait til May for my own. I know your a little up the coast, but if your back in time , would be great to hear all about it at the Sunshine Coast get together in Nov.
Enjoy whats left of your trip.
Craig
It's written on the calendar already And we have bought Camino T shirts to wear !!!! The only problem is our little Westie dog as I have missed her but I think the Mudjimba Caravan Park is dog friendly so if I can't bear to be parted from her so soon she might just have to come too.

You did it! Congratulations. Any rain advice?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You might want to take note of the dates on threads, particularly if they pop up as "Similar threads". It is very easy to miss this detail - we all do it! In this case, the thread is 7 years old and the OP hasn't been seen on the forum in 6 years.
I'm not sure if it's possible with the software, but if Ivar could swap the order, putting the "Latest posts" to be seen first, then scrolling further down to the "Similar threads", it may be somewhat helpful in reducing these errors.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back