• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving CDG terminal 2 6 July 2013 7.20am

M2404D

Maureen Sydney Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
Past : July ( 2013 ) , 2014,2015,2016,2017,
Future : 2018
Want to get to st jean point de port ASAP on 6th to start walk on 7/7.
Have tried to buy train ticket.. No success.
I am in Australia..ant solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
M2404D said:

M2404D,

What site did you use? How was it unsuccessful? Try http://voyages-sncf.com/

Good luck and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

06/07/2013, train tgv 5218 depart cdg 2 at 14h09, arrived bordeaux st jean at 18h37, mandatory seat reservation; then train ter 67237 depart bordeaux st jean at 18h47, arrived bayonne at 20h42; depart bayonne at 21h10 with train ter 67337, arrived sjpdp at 22h35. The last 2 trains are local trains with no seat reservation required. Prices are quite stiff as the tgv train is in peak period, ranged from 116.70 - 127.80 depending on age.

It is rather late to get to sjpdp, you might have problem finding a place to sleep. My suggestion to you is to sleep off overnight in paris closed to the airport and then take an easyjet flight to biarritz the next morning at 07:00 hr and arriving biarritz at 08:30 hr. then take a train from biarritz station to sjpdp or share a ride with someone from the airport to sjpdp. I am sorry not to be able to help you very much with your schedule.

Good luck and buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I found the raileurope website wouldn't recognize Paris CDG to St Jean PDP. I had to request Paris CDG to Bayonne, then Bayonne to St Jean, in two parts. Good luck, it's a blast!

M2404D said:

Just book to Bayonne and buy a ticket at the station for the trip to St Jean. I couldn't buy online either via that site.
I got the 820 TGV from CDG and eventually got to St Jean at 1530. There was a queue at the pilgrims office though. I stayed at the Hotel Ramunto on the same street as the pilgrim office then got my credenzia the next morning (the only person there!) and then headed off.

Good luck

hello m2404d,

apology for my mistake. please ignore my previous posting.

good luck and buen camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Ian,
my Camino isn't until April 2014, would it be best to wait until the new year?
cheers
Alex

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back