Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Arriving in Burgos

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
Hola a todos,

I'm so excited! I start my second Camino tomorrow. I know it's a bit late notice but if anyone could answer this today I'd be grateful.

I'm going to be starting from Burgos but my bus from Madrid doesn't arrive until 10pm. I realise that by this time the beds in the refugio will probably be taken, but do you think it will still be open to beg a bit of floor space?

Otherwise can anyone recommend any cheap hostels / pensiones near to the bus or train station?

Ultreya!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Ulysse

If you can afford around 45 euros, there is a hotel (forgot the name) as you leave the bus station. Turn right at the entrance of the station (where you buy tickets) and just walk a few steps.

If you care to walk 300m, leave the station, turn left, cross the Rio Arlanzon, turn right on the paseo and go to hotel Espana at Paseo del Espolon 32.

Good luck, I will be starting from Burgos as well on Sep 5. Buen Camino.

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
I stayed at the place right next to the bus station in the end. After a 3 hour bus journey, preceeded by 3 hours waiting in the sixth circle of Hell that IS Madrid bus station, I was in no mood to go searching through Burgos for a hotel.

It was fine; 45 euros was a bit much for room-only, but I didn't care by that point. I suppose that's how they make their money.

If anyone else ever stays there ask for a forward facing room.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads