• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving in Pamplona at 9 pm by bus, too late for albergue?

paprika

I'll first arrive in Madrid airport at 2:00 pm and take bus to Pamplona (it takes around 4-5 hrs as I checked the timetables).

I read that most albergues are closed at around 10 pm.
If I arrive in Pamplona around 9 pm, is it going to be too late to stay in albergue? or too crowded that I won't be able to sleep there? (I'll be there on July 1st)

Also, I haven't checked yet if I could get to albergue before 10 pm from the bus terminal.

Do you think I should book a hostel just in case?

I have so many questions since it's my first time taking the journey all the way from Korea!
But in the back of my mind, I just don't really want to focus on 'bus' or 'trains' and secretly hope that I'll just let things happen.

However!
Please let me know what you think! :)

Oh!
Plus,
Considering that I'll be staying at a hostel that night, how would I get my credential?
Could I get it very early in the morning the next day in other albergues?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The large albergue, Jesus y Maria, may not admit you since you have not arrived on foot. It depends on the hospitalero that night! Casa Paderborn will let you in, if they have space at that hour. For much of the summer, Paderborn has a line forming outside from early afternoon, and is instantly full (and closes at 2200).

Your best bet would be a hostal.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Greeting from Jerusalem and Shalom Paprika

Beware! You did not mention which day of the week you will be arriving. There are many hostals in Pamplona, most are affordable and clean. Many are owned by the bar/restaurant downstairs and will be very noisy come weekends. Weekends start early in Pamplona, the parties often begin Thursday evening and continue until dawn-noisy, boisterous, and may be very irritating for a tired pilgrim. And of course there is the San Fermín festival, from July 6 to 14, you may find yourself sleeping with the bulls since the town will be packed with visitors, tourists, and with an international collection of crazies out to run with the bovines. Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would book a hostel for a few reasons:

1 - you know you'll get a bed
2 - if you get in late you won't be waking the tired people who actually walked all day
3 - since you didn't walk the day before i think many wouldn't take you

Re the stamp, from what I've read your hostel will likely have one or you can get one at a bar/restaurant/church before setting out.

good luck!

Thank you all for your great advice!!!! It really helped me a lot !
I decided to stay at a hostel that night and will be starting my camino the next morning.
I'm very excited and nervous now, but I'm sure it's going to be a great journey for me.
Good luck, everyone !! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back