• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving in Porto May 18 and walking out on May 20 for Santiago

Owensr23

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF
2018 CP
4/29/2022 Primitivo
Just like the title -- my wife and I are arriving in Porto May 18 and walking out on May 20 for Santiago. Heading to the coast for one day and then back to the inland route to Santiago. The Brierley route.

Two year ago we did the Frances from Leon and just had come back and do a second Camino.

Anyone else on that schedule??

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello, @Owensr23! I am on that same schedule! I may be walking the coast a few more days after day one, but have yet to 100% decide. I am very glad to have seen your message - I am a female walking alone, and while I don't want to impede on anyone's Camino, this puts me at great ease to know other pilgrims will be nearby (for sure nearby!) Do you know what time you intend to start on the 20th?

Just like the title -- my wife and I are arriving in Porto May 18 and walking out on May 20 for Santiago. Heading to the coast for one day and then back to the inland route to Santiago. The Brierley route.

Two year ago we did the Frances from Leon and just had come back and do a second Camino.

Anyone else on that schedule??
Don't forget to stay at albergue casa da Fernanda between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima . An all time unforgettable experience on the Caminho Português
18 kms after you left Barcelos in the hamlet of Vitorino dos Piães on the waymarked path.
Bom caminho

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello, @Owensr23! I am on that same schedule! I may be walking the coast a few more days after day one, but have yet to 100% decide. I am very glad to have seen your message - I am a female walking alone, and while I don't want to impede on anyone's Camino, this puts me at great ease to know other pilgrims will be nearby (for sure nearby!) Do you know what time you intend to start on the 20th?

I don't like to plan too much on the Camino, but a quick morning coffee and then on the road to Vila do Conde. At this point our plan would be metro to Matosinhos from Porto and on foot to Vila do Conde. This is the most recommend plan from this forum.

This is our second Camino and less planning is more. We did Frances in 2016 from Leon. We caught a really bad rainy day in Astorga and stayed an extra night. We got to tour several museums and the cathedral and it didn't rain except for a light sprinkle on Crus de Ferro. If I had reservations, it would of forced us walk or rebook 10 days of reservations.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back