• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving in Sarria this week

Edinburgh82

Hello,

I hope to start my walk from Sarria on Friday morning, but I've got a couple of questions first...

I am arriving Thursday evening (I will be in Lugo around 8.30). Should I get a bus to Sarria, or stay in Lugo? I have read that arriving past 9pm might be an issue. Plus I don't have my pilgrim passport, so I'm not sure where I could stay?

Regarding the passport - from what I've read the Mosteiro de Santa Maria Madalena in Sarria is shut and this is the main place that provides the credentials. So I'm not sure where to stay or where to get the passport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome to the forum, there should be a connecting bus from Lugo to Sarria, you could stay in a hostal, this is a small hotel and there are plenty in Sarria. If you are really stuck for a passport you can use your guide if you have one, there is usually space at the back of some guides. and I also believe you can use a notebook to collect your stamps if all fruit fails. Hope everything works out for you. Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.
I have used this Hostal twice in Sarria and found it very good and the Camino passes the front door..
http://www.dpcristal.com/

The xunta albergue in Sarria is open until 2300 and sells credentials.

Albergue Xunta de Sarria
Street address: C. Major, 79
Exclusive to pilgrims: Yes
Accepts reservation: No
Issuing the credential: Yes
Number of places: 40 in bunk
Bedrooms: One
Opening year: 1997
Ownership: Xunta de Galicia
Management: Xunta de Galicia
In charge: Mari Carmen Arias
Availability (months inclusive): All year
Opening hours: 13:00
Closing time: 23:00
Price: 6 euros

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back