• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving in Seville May 2015

AttheEdgeoftheWorld

Time of past OR future Camino
vdlp (may/june 2015)
Hello fellow pilgrims.

I have just booked my ticket to Spain to set out on the VDLP May 2015. I arrive in Seville on the 10th and will likely head out the next day or perhaps the day after. I am a first time camino walker and I am not going to pretend that the whole thing seems a bit overwhelming at this point, but I'm pretty darn excited! I have done some trekking in Turkey with my dad in 2013 and some around home (BC, Canada) but I have wanted to do a camino for years, but could never find someone interested. This year I thought "screw it, I'll do it myself" and booked a ticket.

I have been reading lots of threads and getting loads of great advice but would gladly take more if anyone has it.

Anyone starting out from Seville about this time?
Am I crazy? I worry that I am leaving it a bit close to the summer and have troubles with heat.
Has anyone heard about the construction situation is year?
I would LOVE to know any veteran's favourite little piece of equipment, tool, treat that has made their trip that much better.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there! How exciting! Well done!

I'll be arriving in Sevilla on 31st May so you'll be well ahead of me. I expect it'll already be hot but it's the earliest I can go. I think you'll be fine early May, bring a sun hat and sun cream and sunglasses of course and possibly a long-sleeved shirt if you're sensitive to the sun?
It'll be my 1st time on VdlP so I cannot give you advice, just the usual : Don't pack more than you can comfortably carry day after day and train wearing all your gear, shoes and backpack well before leaving.
My favourite piece of equipment for a Summer camino? A sarong. Multi uses. (Extra towel, pillow cover, screen, shawl and a cover-up if all your clothes are in the wash!)

I'm a bit overwhelmed too but then I always am before I set out! I think it's going to be great :cool:
Buen camino,
Dominique

I'm doing the French way in May/June... VDLP in Sept/Oct :) Buen Camino fellow BCer. EDIT: Actually wont be on VDLP until next year due to Euro restrictions on time limit in zone.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have opted to walk the Via but will leave from Merida on May 18th. Perhaps our paths will cross.

Hello fellow pilgrims.

I have just booked my ticket to Spain to set out on the VDLP May 2015. I arrive in Seville on the 10th and will likely head out the next day or perhaps the day after. I am a first time camino walker and I am not going to pretend that the whole thing seems a bit overwhelming at this point, but I'm pretty darn excited! I have done some trekking in Turkey with my dad in 2013 and some around home (BC, Canada) but I have wanted to do a camino for years, but could never find someone interested. This year I thought "screw it, I'll do it myself" and booked a ticket.

I have been reading lots of threads and getting loads of great advice but would gladly take more if anyone has it.

Am I crazy? I worry that I am leaving it a bit close to the summer and have troubles with heat.
I would LOVE to know any veteran's favourite little piece of equipment, tool, treat that has made their trip that much better.

Hello
I ´ll leave Sevilla on May 11 in the morning to do the Via de la Plata. We will certainly meet on the way. I think the temperature will be ok. Around 26 degrees celsius during the day. Concerning what you will take with you, my advise is the minimum as it is possible to wash your clothes everyday and they are dry the same day or the next morning. See you soon...

Via de la Plata: I'll start from Sevilla on may 11. Who will start at the same time ?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Liamone, it certainly looks like our paths will cross. I look forward to meeting you and hearing you advice and stories from your previous camino.

You are not going to have any problems. I'm just back from La Plata as I was filming and I spoke to quite a few pilgrims, apart from a few bad owners trying to block the camino with prohibitive signs just keep following the yellow arrow ! I'm now starting to process the Sevilla video first so I will try to post soon.

You are not going to have any problems. I'm just back from La Plata as I was filming and I spoke to quite a few pilgrims, apart from a few bad owners trying to block the camino with prohibitive signs just keep following the yellow arrow ! I'm now starting to process the Sevilla video first so I will try to post soon.

"Trying to block the camino" ?? Why try to block Camino? :O

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello fellow pilgrims.

Good luck with your first camino. I did the camino ingles in 2013 and would love to do the VDLP. In terms of equipment, i endorse the suggestion re: sun cream. It is surprising how quickly it is absorbed when you are on the road for a few hours

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello fellow pilgrims.

Hi. I'll probably meet up with you as I hope to arrive in Seville 8, 9, or 10th. I did the Camino Francis but I'm no expert yet I'm confident it will be a pleasant adventure. My only advise is to prepare yourself for the walking. I walk four hours each second day wearing the boots I'll have on the Camino.

Hi. I'll probably meet up with you as I hope to arrive in Seville 8, 9, or 10th. I did the Camino Francis but I'm no expert yet I'm confident it will be a pleasant adventure. My only advise is to prepare yourself for the walking. I walk four hours each second day wearing the boots I'll have on the Camino.

Billy, I'll keep my eyes open for you. I do hope our paths cross. I have been training in my new boots for 2 weeks and this week will begin walking 5 miles per day - increasing my distance and walking at least 4 hours several times a week. Before I leave I plan to walk an 8 hour day just to see what it feels like. Buen camino!

Starting on June 10 and hoping to have completed by St James' Day. Just hoping the body won't let me down!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Billy, I'll keep my eyes open for you. I do hope our paths cross. I have been training in my new boots for 2 weeks and this week will begin walking 5 miles per day - increasing my distance and walking at least 4 hours several times a week. Before I leave I plan to walk an 8 hour day just to see what it feels like. Buen camino!
Glad to hear from you, Your training is ambitious Im sure you'll do well. I'm excited or anxious, just two more sleeps and I'm off to Seville. Arriving at 10 pm May 6 at Backpackers Utopia Hostel. Guess I'll scout around Seville on the 7th and start hike on 8th. When will you arrive and where are you staying.
Billy

Glad to hear from you, Your training is ambitious Im sure you'll do well. I'm excited or anxious, just two more sleeps and I'm off to Seville. Arriving at 10 pm May 6 at Backpackers Utopia Hostel. Guess I'll scout around Seville on the 7th and start hike on 8th. When will you arrive and where are you staying.
Billy

Hi Bill,

All the best with your upcoming Camino. I'm be walking some of the Camino Del Norte at the end of this month so was on the forum researching that when I saw your name pop up on the recent activity section on the homepage.

Buen Camino!

John L - Ireland

Hi Bill,

All the best with your upcoming Camino. I'm be walking some of the Camino Del Norte at the end of this month so was on the forum researching that when I saw your name pop up on the recent activity section on the homepage.

Buen Camino!

John L - Ireland
John. So glad you connected. I knew you finished the first Camino but never thought you would do another. Wish I had shared better with you as I really like to keep pace with you on the trail. I'll be watching for news from you and will send you messages from time to to!e. Billy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello fellow pilgrims.

I have just booked my ticket to Spain to set out on the VDLP May 2015. I arrive in Seville on the 10th and will likely head out the next day or perhaps the day after.
I am arriving in Madrid on the 12th. Might get to Sevilla either the same day or the next. Most likely start on the 14th.
I walk like a turtle, slow and steady. Don't know if i will be able to catch up...Don't worry, if you have done trekking in the mountains this is going to be a breeze, at least until Zamora...
Buen Camino,

We are arriving in Sevilla on the 6th and plan to start on the 8th. Perhaps our paths cross ! We alsof walk slow and we are looking forward to this adventure. I'am just a bit worried about the high temperatures during this and next week. Forecast till 38 !! Last year we did the Camino frances and we realy enjoyed it.
Buen Camino to you all !

We are arriving in Sevilla on the 6th and plan to start on the 8th. Perhaps our paths cross ! We alsof walk slow and we are looking forward to this adventure. I'am just a bit worried about the high temperatures during this and next week. Forecast till 38 !! Last year we did the Camino frances and we realy enjoyed it.
Buen Camino to you all !
Is the 38c in May? I thought the temp is around 25c this month.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have been watching the weather too. Looks a bit cooler father north, but I was expecting high 20s in Seville, not 30s. Switching out one of my t-shirts for a lighter one as a result.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks Laurie, I will put an embrella in my backpack.....

That's a bit scary -- for Monday it's predicted to be even higher -- 36 C -- 97 F. Wow.

Stay hydrated and walk early, Vdlp pilgrims! Let us know how things go for you all. Buen camino, Laurie
At this temp range, i wish it would rain.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That's a bit scary -- for Monday it's predicted to be even higher -- 36 C -- 97 F. Wow.

Stay hydrated and walk early, Vdlp pilgrims! Let us know how things go for you all. Buen camino, Laurie
High temps persists till May 25th, i am having 2nd thoughts now... there are no trees/shades to hide under on this trail right?

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back