• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arriving late in Biarritz - how to get to SJPDP?

MammaBear

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2017
Camino Friends I am arriving around 19:00 in Biarritz and need to travel on to SJPDP. Burricot has informed me that they do not transport that late in the day. The trains in Bayonne also do not run that late.
I and another traveller want to get to SJPDP that same evening as we have reservations. I have heard that taxis are not around that late either. Has anyone used Biaritz Airport Transfer and Taxi, Suntransfers or Shuttle Direct? Any other suggestions???
PS Great forum - has helped so much in my planning - 4 weeks and counting down!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Try Biarritz airport transfers , that's how we are going to SJPP , 16 of us for €15 each
Give them a try.
Yvonne

Camino Friends I am arriving around 17:00 in Biarritz and need to travel on to SJPDP. Burricot has informed me that they do not transport that late in the day. The trains in Bayonne also do not run that late.
I and another traveller want to get to SJPDP that same evening as we have reservations. I have heard that taxis are not around that late either. Has anyone used Biaritz Airport Transfer and Taxi, Suntransfers or Shuttle Direct? Any other suggestions???

In an earlier post you stated your departure would be 1 September. On that date there is a TER line 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP at 18:06. Check current schedule info here.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Unless you are really pushed for time I would stay in Biarritz or Bayonne and relax into the journey. You could get your first stamp in the cathedral at Bayonne. Loads of places to stay near the train station.

I am arriving into Bayonne on 01 September at around 1700 and have checked the train schedule to SJPDP and will catch the 1806 train. Just as Mspath has said in her post. Are you still travelling on 01 September?

Camino Friends I am arriving around 17:00 in Biarritz and need to travel on to SJPDP. Burricot has informed me that they do not transport that late in the day. The trains in Bayonne also do not run that late.

Depends on date of arrival. Some days the last train leaves (Fridays and Sundays) 2110.

Taxis are available at 1700. This is an expensive option for travel to SJPdP.

You could try taking the taxi to Gare Biarritz to catch 1745 - 1755 train from Biarritz to Bayonne but that means you have to be in the taxi probably not later than 1730 ... likely not enough time to get off a flight arriving 1700.

You could also try to intercept the train at Cambo les Bains 1824.

Otherwise your only realistic option is overnight in Bayonne and catch the 0740 train.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In an earlier post you stated your departure would be 1 September. On that date there is a TER line 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP at 18:06. Check current schedule info here.
Hi - I am arriving on August 31st at Biarritz and will start my walk on September 1st from SJPDP. In hindsight I probably should have overnighted in Paris or Biarritz or Bayonne and then I would have no trouble getting to SJPDP which I will do next Camino! I have checked on Biarritz Air Transfer and they seem to be the best option so far. Hopefully we can find a couple of other travellers who need to get there as well and they can share our ride.
So if anyone out there needs transport on August 31st at around 19:00 please let me know!

Camino Friends I am arriving around 19:00 in Biarritz and need to travel on to SJPDP. Burricot has informed me that they do not transport that late in the day. The trains in Bayonne also do not run that late.
I have corrected my time - it is 19:00 not 17:00 hours - oops!

Depends on date of arrival. Some days the last train leaves (Fridays and Sundays) 2110.

Taxis are available at 1700. This is an expensive option for travel to SJPdP.

You could try taking the taxi to Gare Biarritz to catch 1745 - 1755 train from Biarritz to Bayonne but that means you have to be in the taxi probably not later than 1730 ... likely not enough time to get off a flight arriving 1700.

You could also try to intercept the train at Cambo les Bains 1824.

Otherwise your only realistic option is overnight in Bayonne and catch the 0740 train.
My apologies - my arrival time is 19:00 hours not 17:00 hours... I arrive Aug 31st which is a Thursday so the train option won't work. I have contacted Biarritz Airport Transfer and yes it is expensive :-(

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Try Biarritz airport transfers , that's how we are going to SJPP , 16 of us for €15 each
Give them a try.
Yvonne
I think this is our best bet - we just need to find a couple more travellers to bring the price down!

I am arriving into Bayonne on 01 September at around 1700 and have checked the train schedule to SJPDP and will catch the 1806 train. Just as Mspath has said in her post. Are you still travelling on 01 September?
I arrive in Biarritz August 31st and plan on overnighting in SJPDP and so start my walk on September 1st.

Hi Kazza57 - I hope we meet up on the Camino - I will be just one day ahead of you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My apologies - my arrival time is 19:00 hours not 17:00 hours... I arrive Aug 31st which is a Thursday so the train option won't work. I have contacted Biarritz Airport Transfer and yes it is expensive :-(

My advice is to stay in Bayonne (even if it means cancelling any reservations you might have) and catch a train in the morning. You're already going to feel like you've been dragged backwards through a hedge ... and you're not likely going to get to SJPdP in time to find a restaurant.

My advice is to stay in Bayonne (even if it means cancelling any reservations you might have) and catch a train in the morning. You're already going to feel like you've been dragged backwards through a hedge ... and you're not likely going to get to SJPdP in time to find a restaurant.
Totally agree with dragged backwards through a hedge!! lol
I'm already trying to cancel one night at the Albergue Pelerin as I was booked for two nights but they haven't emailed me back and that was 2 weeks ago!

Totally agree with dragged backwards through a hedge!! lol
I'm already trying to cancel one night at the Albergue Pelerin as I was booked for two nights but they haven't emailed me back and that was 2 weeks ago!

Anecdotal information suggests Hotel Monte Carlo is a good place near Gare Bayonne.

Worst case scenario is you pay for two accommodations vice expensive taxi fare.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Kazza57 - I hope we meet up on the Camino - I will be just one day ahead of you!
Hi Mammabear - I am having two nights in SJPDP to try and get over jet lag then heading off on 3 September. Might see you on the way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hola, does anyone know if you can pay for a single municipal bus ride within Santiago city limits by tapping one's contactless payment card, similar to a London bus? Or do you have to purchase a...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back