A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Arrow appreciation

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP to Finesterre 2015
VdlP 2017
May there be a special blessing for every person who painted a yellow arrow or placed a trail indicator that helped to direct my path. I appreciated every single one that confirmed I was on the right track from Seville at Salamanca this spring, (will finish the VDLP next year) and along the entire CF. I'm thinking route marking is done by trail volunteers, and wanted to express my appreciation.

PS this does not include those nefarious individuals who reroute the trail for their own purposes by putting up misleading markers. May they get blisters for their trouble.

Advertisment

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
It is one of my few regrets about my first Camino that I chose to walk just a few months too late to meet the famous Don Elías Valiña Sampedro - parish priest in O Cebreiro, scholar, author of the definitive guide book for the Camino Frances, and the man who came up with the notion of marking the Camino paths with yellow arrows. Such a beautifully simple idea! On that first Camino I carried a copy of his guide which belonged to my mother-in-law and had been signed by Don Elias a few years earlier. All of us who have walked since owe him and all those who have continued and extended his work since a great debt.
http://caminotravelcenter.com/who-was-elias-valina-follow-the-yellow-arrow/

mspath

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June