Arrow appreciation | Camino de Santiago Forum
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims

By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign
Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

Arrow appreciation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Topics' started by Marcie, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Marcie

Marcie Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    SJPP to Finesterre 2015
    VdlP 2017
    May there be a special blessing for every person who painted a yellow arrow or placed a trail indicator that helped to direct my path. I appreciated every single one that confirmed I was on the right track from Seville at Salamanca this spring, (will finish the VDLP next year) and along the entire CF. I'm thinking route marking is done by trail volunteers, and wanted to express my appreciation.

PS this does not include those nefarious individuals who reroute the trail for their own purposes by putting up misleading markers. May they get blisters for their trouble.

Marc S., dfox, AbbyDee and 12 others like this.
  2. Bradypus

Bradypus Antediluvian

Camino(s) past & future:
    Too many and too often!
    It is one of my few regrets about my first Camino that I chose to walk just a few months too late to meet the famous Don Elías Valiña Sampedro - parish priest in O Cebreiro, scholar, author of the definitive guide book for the Camino Frances, and the man who came up with the notion of marking the Camino paths with yellow arrows. Such a beautifully simple idea! On that first Camino I carried a copy of his guide which belonged to my mother-in-law and had been signed by Don Elias a few years earlier. All of us who have walked since owe him and all those who have continued and extended his work since a great debt.
    http://caminotravelcenter.com/who-was-elias-valina-follow-the-yellow-arrow/

3. mspath

mspath Veteran Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015