• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arrow wars approaching Porrino

Ricav

Time of past OR future Camino
(2016)Porto to Santiago;Santiago to Finisterre
The arrow wars continue approaching Porrino where marks to the new path were painted over. Even the police directed people through the old industrial area. I bailed to the forest path to the left as you should, but many did not, choosing to believe the police.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The arrow wars continue approaching Porrino where marks to the new path were painted over. Even the police directed people through the old industrial area. I bailed to the forest path to the left as you should, but many did not, choosing to believe the police.

and they start in orbenlle where signs are defaced and arrows painted over. however in orbenlle there appears to be somewhat of a truce. the two bars responsible for the chaos now send pilgrims in a full loop back around to the forest route and not through the 'as gándaras' industrial estate. only problem is that this 'detour' adds an extra kilometre through fugly with a downhill and a return uphill.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
But if you stay on the forest route at the end , on the outskirts of O Porrino, 300 metres off route at the Velodromo/ Go Kart circuit you wild find a lovely bar / restaurant called A Tia Maria. Nice people and they have a sello.

Attachments

• O Porrino Diversion.jpeg
    O Porrino Diversion.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 47
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you, @Rainerbernd. I'll be there in a month and wanted to be very clear where not to go. I checked Google street view and was pretty certain I'd identified the turnoff but the images predate the arrow war. That video helped confirm what to look for.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
One of the problems there is that the 'caminostones' is still on the old route. As long as they are still there together wigth the yellow markers pilgrims (just as I did) follow the old route.
Move the 'caminostones' from the old route so the arrowwar can be stopped.

The Wise Pilgrim Guide (from the App store) for Camino Portuguese already makes this issue/deviation very clear.

The Wise Pilgrim Guide (from the App store) for Camino Portuguese already makes this issue/deviation very clear.
Yes I know. But I didn't have that guide but John's where the new route was showned.
Never the less as long as the 'Caminostones' show the old route it is a pithole.
So if they want us following the nee route they sure need to cancelled the 'Caminostones'. It would also end the 'war' down there - I think.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It''s quite easy - turn left and follow the black paint marks through the forest!!
Same again on the river route versus up over the bridge into.....can someone help me remember the name of the town? The albergue is right on the river.

It''s quite easy - turn left and follow the black paint marks through the forest!!
Same again on the river route versus up over the bridge into.....can someone help me remember the name of the town? The albergue is right on the river.

The bridge is leading into the outskirts of O Porriño.

bom caminho,, Rainer

Passed by Sept 10 and they both were indicated on the sign board and saw the yellow green arrows to the left.

Attachments

• 20160910_083507.jpg
    20160910_083507.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back