• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

art-project Camino

Zentauria

Hello everyone!

My name is Esther, I'm from Germany and I walked the camino this october. I was really fascinated of the energy and the magic of the camino, created by all the different people and their hopes, sorrows, wishes...
I am a student of arts and pedagogic and I will finish my diploma this year. That's another reason why I did the camino: For collecting inspiration!
Now I am searching for other pilgrim's "wisdom" and lectures the camino has taught you. I would be very happy to get some short writings, sentences, lyrics, drawings... whatever is YOUR "essence" of the camino. Write to me (in your own language) and become part of my artistic project.

I would be very happy to hear from you! If you like more information and for some exchange of experiences, I'll gladly write back.

new adress for the projekt: Kunstprojekt.Camino@googlemail.com

buen camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey, this project is still alive and I still really need your help :)

I try to give a little more information of what the project is like...

What are your adventures with crossing borders, knowing your limitations, to hit a snag... Did you succeed or fail on them?

For my diploma (in the subject "arts/ education") I try to create some kind of mosaic, some plastically room-installation which will become a little "temple" of individual wisdoms, lectures, experiences.

I would be very happy to get some short writings, sentences, lyrics, drawings... whatever is YOUR "essence" of your Camino-walking or even of your "path of life". Your own "borders" and getting in contact with them during your camino/ path of life?
Spiritual experiences?
New knowledge, perception?
Nice or bad/ sad experiences?
What did change you and in what way...?

Write to me (in your own language) and become part of my artistic project.

I really need your help and I would be very happy to hear from you!! :)

Hi,

Always interesting to read about other artist's Camino inspiration.

First time I've logged in here for a while. I'm currently looking for exhibition spaces for my own Camino art project. The very brief history...

I walked Five different Camino routes over Two and Half years. I funded my Camino through art - selling sketches, paintings, taking on commissions (sometimes very big commissions), community/educational art projects etc. I also managed to raise a fair amount of money for charity. I kept a blog as I walked. I will be walking again this year, but starting in Africa.

I have now finished a set of 15 paintings all about my own experiences and insipiration:

17 Goddesses of Pilgrimage (Alternative Walking Routes to Santiago de Compostela).

It's a book proposal as well as an exhibiton proposal.

Essentially, each painting is based on a conversation I had with someone whilst walking. Each painting also represents a Goddess from different religious beliefs. The full set represents a timeline of religious evolution and ancients human migration. On all camino routes I felt (and saw evidence of) that the routes had been walked long before the Christian World developed. Hence my planned walks in Africa.

The paintings are about much more. I hope they convey the 'spirit' of camino I found. Full of symbolism and much more. Each painting also represents a city, or place I visited whilst walking.

The book proposal also includes photographs, excerpts from my blog, background history and maps, but it is not intended to be a guide.

Inspiration comes from many experiences, but above all, for myself it was the people I met that made Camino such a worthwhile experience.

Good luck with your own project. I'll post a link to a painting example later.

John.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not a great photo, but...

l_69ccca12ffad4ca8a440120b1af1c8d2.jpg

My blog is still living (just). http://www.thelostphotographer.blogspot.com

Oh, another artist on the Camino, how lovely! :D
Yes, it always were the conversations that are inspiring... Although I learned a lot about myself while walking (and there are so many things that you can copy to "normal" life), it was the adventure of all the different experiences that creates the spirit of the Camino.

I like your painting very much... it seems to glow as if it had a soul :)
Would you like to submit something for the project and so become a part of it?

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.