• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arzua

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
Sunday we stayed at the municipal alburgue in Barbadelo, clean  but the bunks were so close together we might as well had a flop party.  No more municipals for us!  

Monday was quite a day.  We had a nice walk into Portomarin.  Stopped there for lunch and had a great seafood paella.  Later i was checking out a gift shop and noticed that the new issue of La Moto was out, so I checked to see if the story about the camino in it and it was!  The article started out with a two page picture of the Alto del Padron with Palma and me clearly in the picture!  So we are now famous!  We have been showing it to a lot of folks and they are getting as big a kick out of it as we are.  

We then walked to Gansor, about 8 ks out of from Portomarin  We had a great 16 mile walk, the sun was shining all day. It did get quite hot at the end of the day but so what.  We are stayed at the Casa Garcia, a very nice casa rural with a wonderful staff.  

We stopped I'm Palais de Rei for a quick bite at a place called Casa Terra and had some pimentos de padron, fried squid, insalda mixta and wine.  A good meal for sure!!

Last night we stayed at the alburgu O Abrigadoiro in San Xulian.  What a great place.  Miguel the owner is one of those angels of the camino, very kind, hospitable and caring.  We had a wonderful time there.  

On our walk today we stopped in Melide and stopped at the Pulperia Ezequiel and had a pulpo, bacalao and a bottle of wine for lunch.  Wonderful!

Now we are in Arzua at the alburgue via lactea a very modern clean place with a friendly staff

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back