Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Asphalt on the Norte

Tinytrekker111

Camino(s) past & future
Future
I will be walking the Norte in June...where should I expect the most asphalt walking? My Buen Camino app seems to show a decent amount? Thank you!

FSP

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(13)
Portuguese & Finisterre(16)
Norte & Muxia(18)
Olvidado&Salvador&Primitivo(20??)
Hello, check out this thread as it will give you all kinds of alternatives to a lot of the asphalt and will deliver spectacular scenery. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coastal-alternatives-to-the-nortes-asphalt.49578 I found the wisepilgrim app worked pretty well for me and does include a number of the alternative routings but not all. The alternatives mentioned in the threads are usually GR trails that are in good shape and reasonably marked. Enjoy the Norte it's a great challenge and achievement.

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
Wife (“Wise” not wife 😂) pilgrim app shows the GR paths along the coast so well that I used them when road walking was officially designated the route.

Last edited:

Walton

Camino(s) past & future
2016 Sjpp to Sdc. 2018 Lisbon to Sdc to Finisterre. Next up hopefully VDP or Del Norte.
Wife pilgrim app .... . . .
I must have a "wife Pilgrim" app too because she tells me what to do and where to go, most of the time. 😂

Erm...sorry Collette, but I just couldn't help myself regarding your little typo there!

Cheers

Graham

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
🤣 auto spelling correction is my worse nightmare. WISE PILGRIM APP ☺

Walton

Camino(s) past & future
2016 Sjpp to Sdc. 2018 Lisbon to Sdc to Finisterre. Next up hopefully VDP or Del Norte.
🤣 auto spelling correction is my worse nightmare. WISE PILGRIM APP ☺
I'm sure some of us who don't have the Wise Pilgrim app have an alternative 24/7 wife or husband (so as not to be sexist) app! Perhaps, for want of a better word, a Partner App.

I need an app that weighs my backpack every morning. I'm sure my wife packs a few extra items in it when I'm not looking :)

Cheers

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock