• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Association Grand Seminaire-Accueil Saint Georges

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
My wife and I walking the Le Puy route to Lourdes this May and June

We are planning to stay in Le Puy for a couple of nights before starting our walk May 19. We are hoping to stay at the Grand Seminaire in Le Puy which is ten walk up from the train station.

Has anybody stayed at the Grand Seminaire before?
Would you recommend this place over some other?

Also I understand that you must arrive before 7.00pm in order to check in. We are taking a train from Geneva to Le Puy that after and there is tight connection in St-Etienne-Châteaucreux.

If we miss this connection, means we will arrive slightly later than 7.00pm, so I am little concerned about this. I doubt they would accept late arrivals

Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think that this is where we stayed when we arrived on 24 Avril 2008. For some reason, there was no train from St. Etienne. Instead, there was a bus so we did not get in until something like 1900. We met a Swiss pelerein on the way who showed us where to go. The office was open then and we met a nice hospitalier who set us to the chamber where the same Swiss fellow happened to be staying. It had two lits superimpose and wall lockers, so was somewhat crowded and a taste of what was to come as was the communal lavatory.

It also offered petite dejeuner on the following day in the dining room. We took that option which might have held us up from leaving the next morning as we noticed several open cafes on the way out of town that would have been just a bit faster.

These websites might also help; http://www.cathedraledupuy.org/L-accueil-des-pelerins-au-Puy-en-Velay_a34.html, and http://catholique-lepuy.cef.fr/En-chemin.html. :arrow:

Good luck :D

The description above bears no resemblance to the Grand Seminaire
in Le Puy where I stayed in Sept 2007.As the name implies this is a large
establishment .I had a single bedroom .The showers and toilets were at the end of the
corridor and were of a good standard .Breakfast was served in the large dining room .
When I arrived at 20.30 all was in darkness .I managed to get the attention of a person at an upstairs
window and thankfully gained admission .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dear Jirit,

The train station in St-Etienne-Châteaucreux is small. The tracks are easily accessible, so I believe you would not have any difficulty in getting your connection to Le Puy.

There are many accommodations in Le Puy. In case the Grand Seminaire is closed when you arrive, there is also a Youth Hostel where it is possible to stay more than one night. The Youth Hostel accept even those who were young once upon a time.

Buen camino,
Manny D.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back