• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • Please see this announcement regarding the Corona virus and the Camino (posted March 13t). Please also check with your government for any travel restrictions. We have also opened a thread with "Special Announcements and Advisories".
  • We have a new section of the forum that is for anouncing upcoming Forum Zoom Chats. Check it for times and dates and join us if you are interested and can make it. Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay safe! Ivar
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Astérix hikes into Pamplona

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Future
Accompanied by Obelix 💪, both approaching Pamplona in July and aching to enjoy the spectacular festival.
Fond memories from his brilliant and unique illustrations ❤, also from my arrival in Pamplona and my stay there for a couple of days before the patron saint’s day.
Sad news.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Hopefully Via de Bayona/Burgos to Ponferrada/Camino de Invierno
My favourites were the (English-version) Roman soldiers, Sender Victorius and Appian Glorious. (I think you have to know the UK National Anthem to appreciate it.)
Oh that’s excellent! 😂

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Oh...Vale!
Fond memories...I learned a little latin from these guys. And just now I discovered this, which should help to amuse the home-bound.
Hiker Blues, circa 50 BC ...
Yeah, they sure did make a mess of the countryside. But now look at it!
View media item 9644

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
My respect for Goscinny and Uderzo was matched only by my respect for their translators, who had to capture the sense and story while still maintaining a text (in a different language) that was chock full of puns.

Last edited:

Marcus-UK

Old Git
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017 Considering Invierno late (2020) In lieu of VdlP (2020)

... Uderzo has passed away at the age of 92. We have lost a giant.
Uderozo the illustrator was actually colour blind. This makes his illustrations even more special. I suffer from a form of dyslexia, but was able to follow the cartoons from an early age and they made my somewhat miserable experience of early schooling somewhat bearable. My collected comics have been enjoyed by my children and they buy me the new books for my birthday:-} The series continues under Jean-Yves Ferri (script) and Didier Conrad (artwork).

Richmond Gardner

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2017), Primitivo (2019)

... Uderzo has passed away at the age of 92. We have lost a giant.
What an amusing way to learn the language...I used to read Asterix to augment the classroom. The humor and colloquial tongue was better than any class I could have taken!
RIP

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
davebugg Miscellaneous Topics 16
TeknoHead Miscellaneous Topics 2

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock