Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Astorga to Santiago

Past OR future Camino
I am wondering about the number of days to walk Astorga to Sarria, then how many from Sarria to Santiago. I know it depends on how many km to walk. I would like to stay under 29 km per day and in the mountains maybe 12-15 km.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Astorga to El Ganso
El Ganso to Foncebadon
Foncebadon to Reigo de Ambros
RdAmbros to Ponferrada

Above were my husband's stages last fall. We try not to walk than 16 km daily and stay mostly off stages.
Than below were our stages in 2016.
Molinaseca to Cacabellos
Cacabellos to Trabadello
Trabadello to Laguna de Castilla
Laguna de Castilla to Fonfria
Fonfria to Calvor
Calvor to Morgade
Morgade t(just past Sarria at 100km mark)

Hope this helps.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Past OR future Camino
Astorga to El Ganso
El Ganso to Foncebadon
Foncebadon to Reigo de Ambros
RdAmbros to Ponferrada

Above were my husband's stages last fall. We try not to walk than 16 km daily and stay mostly off stages.
Than below were our stages in 2016.
Molinaseca to Cacabellos
Cacabellos to Trabadello
Trabadello to Laguna de Castilla
Laguna de Castilla to Fonfria
Fonfria to Calvor
Calvor to Morgade
Morgade t(just past Sarria at 100km mark)

Hope this helps.
This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. Did you go on from Sarria?

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. Did you go on from Sarria?
We went from Morgade to Gonzar, Gonzar to Palais de Rey, Palais de Rey to Melide. At Melide, Phil came down with a bad case of food poisoning which ended our 45 day Camino that summer. Very disappointing that close to Santiago, but it happened.

jeanineonthecamino

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2021, 2022
I did Astorga to Sarria in 6 days. I plan to do in 5 days this year.
I did Sarria to Santiago in 3 regular days and one extremely short day. I plan to do in 3 days this year.

I am hoping to finish the Camino Frances in 28 days, but can slow down if I want/need to.

Past OR future Camino
Next up 2022?
Six days Astorga-Barbadelo (just past Sarria), 4½ days for the rest.
Astorga-Rabinal-Ponferrada-Villafranca-La Faba-A Balsa-Barbadelo-Portomarin-APonte-Ribadiso-O Ameneiral-Santiago.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I came in the fall 2021 and tripped on an uneven pavement in Leon, which ended my journey. I feel your pain.
Last fall my husband did his own solo Camino stretch from Burgos to Caldazilla de los Hermanillos. He served 2 weeks there as a hospitalero and then continued on to Ponferrada. No time pressure and he is a late riser and a slow walker which can cause quite a bit of conflict when we are walking together...I am up and out the door early and don't like to dawdle. I prefer to arrive early at my next town so I can enjoy the afternoon.

No opportunity for a Camino family when you go slowly, but no need for one. It is like being a hospitalero where you meet new pilgrims every night and then they are gone in the morning.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Peacemaker

Past OR future Camino
Future - planned for late March and April 2022
Last fall my husband did his own solo Camino stretch from Burgos to Caldazilla de los Hermanillos. He served 2 weeks there as a hospitalero and then continued on to Ponferrada. No time pressure and he is a late riser and a slow walker which can cause quite a bit of conflict when we are walking together...I am up and out the door early and don't like to dawdle. I prefer to arrive early at my next town so I can enjoy the afternoon.

No opportunity for a Camino family when you go slowly, but no need for one. It is like being a hospitalero where you meet new pilgrims every night and then they are gone in the morning.
We are currently on the CF, and having a similar experience as what you described in your last paragraph. We take a rest day every Sunday, so we have “weekly@ Camino families, with more-or-less new family members every week. Some still stay in touch with us, which is delightful!

adventureswithmb

Past OR future Camino
I am walking Astorga to SdC at the end of the month! I'm planning for 10 days and staying in Foncebadon, Ponferrada, Villafranca del Bierzo, Las Herreriar, Triascastela, Sarria, Castromayor, Melide, A Rua, Santiago. Distances range 20 KM - 32 KM. Buen camino!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads