• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Astorga to Santiago

Wanderingfriend

Time of past OR future Camino
I am wondering about the number of days to walk Astorga to Sarria, then how many from Sarria to Santiago. I know it depends on how many km to walk. I would like to stay under 29 km per day and in the mountains maybe 12-15 km.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Astorga to El Ganso
El Ganso to Foncebadon
Foncebadon to Reigo de Ambros
RdAmbros to Ponferrada

Above were my husband's stages last fall. We try not to walk than 16 km daily and stay mostly off stages.
Than below were our stages in 2016.
Molinaseca to Cacabellos
Cacabellos to Trabadello
Trabadello to Laguna de Castilla
Laguna de Castilla to Fonfria
Fonfria to Calvor
Calvor to Morgade
Morgade t(just past Sarria at 100km mark)

Hope this helps.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Astorga to El Ganso
El Ganso to Foncebadon
Foncebadon to Reigo de Ambros
RdAmbros to Ponferrada

Above were my husband's stages last fall. We try not to walk than 16 km daily and stay mostly off stages.
Than below were our stages in 2016.
Molinaseca to Cacabellos
Cacabellos to Trabadello
Trabadello to Laguna de Castilla
Laguna de Castilla to Fonfria
Fonfria to Calvor
Calvor to Morgade
Morgade t(just past Sarria at 100km mark)

Hope this helps.
This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. Did you go on from Sarria?

This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. Did you go on from Sarria?
We went from Morgade to Gonzar, Gonzar to Palais de Rey, Palais de Rey to Melide. At Melide, Phil came down with a bad case of food poisoning which ended our 45 day Camino that summer. Very disappointing that close to Santiago, but it happened.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I did Astorga to Sarria in 6 days. I plan to do in 5 days this year.
I did Sarria to Santiago in 3 regular days and one extremely short day. I plan to do in 3 days this year.

I am hoping to finish the Camino Frances in 28 days, but can slow down if I want/need to.

Six days Astorga-Barbadelo (just past Sarria), 4½ days for the rest.
Astorga-Rabinal-Ponferrada-Villafranca-La Faba-A Balsa-Barbadelo-Portomarin-APonte-Ribadiso-O Ameneiral-Santiago.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I came in the fall 2021 and tripped on an uneven pavement in Leon, which ended my journey. I feel your pain.
Last fall my husband did his own solo Camino stretch from Burgos to Caldazilla de los Hermanillos. He served 2 weeks there as a hospitalero and then continued on to Ponferrada. No time pressure and he is a late riser and a slow walker which can cause quite a bit of conflict when we are walking together...I am up and out the door early and don't like to dawdle. I prefer to arrive early at my next town so I can enjoy the afternoon.

No opportunity for a Camino family when you go slowly, but no need for one. It is like being a hospitalero where you meet new pilgrims every night and then they are gone in the morning.

Last fall my husband did his own solo Camino stretch from Burgos to Caldazilla de los Hermanillos. He served 2 weeks there as a hospitalero and then continued on to Ponferrada. No time pressure and he is a late riser and a slow walker which can cause quite a bit of conflict when we are walking together...I am up and out the door early and don't like to dawdle. I prefer to arrive early at my next town so I can enjoy the afternoon.

No opportunity for a Camino family when you go slowly, but no need for one. It is like being a hospitalero where you meet new pilgrims every night and then they are gone in the morning.
We are currently on the CF, and having a similar experience as what you described in your last paragraph. We take a rest day every Sunday, so we have “weekly@ Camino families, with more-or-less new family members every week. Some still stay in touch with us, which is delightful!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am walking Astorga to SdC at the end of the month! I'm planning for 10 days and staying in Foncebadon, Ponferrada, Villafranca del Bierzo, Las Herreriar, Triascastela, Sarria, Castromayor, Melide, A Rua, Santiago. Distances range 20 KM - 32 KM. Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back