A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

At last.............The new Albergue in Pamplona

Javier

Pamplona inaugura el albergue Jesús y María con espacio para 114 peregrinos

Barcina y Corpas visitaron el espacio, que abrirá a partir de la próxima semana

Tradición y modernidad son los dos elementos que se fusionan en el nuevo albergue de Pamplona, que estará disponible para los peregrinos a partir de la próxima semana. Son 1.278 metros cuadrados con 114 camas, en un edificio histórico: la iglesia Jesús y María de la calle Compañía, en el antiguo " barrio de los peregrinos" .

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/imagenes/ ... sdg--&pId=

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Pamplona

I just love Pamplona. On my last two visits we stayed at the Hotel La Perla (now being renovated) which had two claims to fame; one was that it was the second oldest hotel in Spain and two was that Hemingway stayed there in room 217.
In 2002 they started excavating in the Plaza Del Castillo to build an underground parking centre. Work had to stop when they uncovered more of the ancient Roman wall and in 2004 they had still not completed all the building works.
In the middle ages Pamplona was the first big city pilgrims came to after crossing the Pyrenees. I can't wait to walk along the Rua Antigua and through the massive gates of the Porta Santiago into the old city!

Ulysse

I love Pamplona too.
I discovered the city in 2005 as I had to stop one day to take care of a small medical issue.

I walked through the old city and part of the new and found it most interesting.

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%