• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Live - Camino Francés At Santiago de Compostela

Camino(s) past & future
2017 2018
I finished my camino yesterday with a lovely relaxed pace covering the last 20k. For me it was a day of slower pace and time to reflect. On the outskirts of Santiago I met a catalonial group of 5 and I walked along with them ,they were my guides to the cathedral. I was overcome with emotion in the square of the cathedral,to have arrived and to meet others who I saw,or talked to or walked with was lovely. A camino friend took me to the credential office and I was in and out in about 15 minutes,Again more tears of joy and greatfulness.
I also picked up my credentials for Fisterra & Muxia which I hope to begin tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20200924_082929.jpg
    20200924_082929.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 164
  • 20200924_090509.jpg
    20200924_090509.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 174
  • 20200924_112302.jpg
    20200924_112302.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 175
  • 20200924_115219.jpg
    20200924_115219.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 182
  • 20200924_123905.jpg
    20200924_123905.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
  • 20200924_124050.jpg
    20200924_124050.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 176
  • 20200924_133629.jpg
    20200924_133629.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 167

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
I finished my camino yesterday with a lovely relaxed pace covering the last 20k. For me it was a day of slower pace and time to reflect. On the outskirts of Santiago I met a catalonial group of 5 and I walked along with them ,they were my guides to the cathedral. I was overcome with emotion in the square of the cathedral,to have arrived and to meet others who I saw,or talked to or walked with was lovely. A camino friend took me to the credential office and I was in and out in about 15 minutes,Again more tears of joy and greatfulness.
I also picked up my credentials for Fisterra & Muxia which I hope to begin tomorrow.
Congratulations and I don't mind admitting that I shed a tear on reading about your emotional experience on arrival. Thank you so much for sharing part of the journey with us who have been following you on the forum.
Enjoy the special unforgettable day in Santiago de Compostela. Fisterra and Muxia will be ready and waiting for you should you decide to go there, but take time to explore a bit of Santiago once you've rested a bit.

JAO

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2018
Thank you for posting! It brings back fond memories! Buon Camino to Finisterre, where they have the best seafood ever!

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC

Sherpa47

Camino(s) past & future
2008 and 2017
Congratulations Paddy! A great achievement.

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
Can someone tell us a little about Paudie Moloughney RIP? @timr @NualaOC

Well done @roamingpaddy ....make time to experience the sound of the sea at Muxia.
@NualaOC @donalomahony @roamingpaddy

Paudie came from Littleton in Tipperary and was a priest of St Patrick's Missionary Society, known locally as the Kiltegan Fathers. I am too. He worked in Brazil and then Nigeria, and then Brazil again, before he returned to work in Ireland in 2013. Sadly he died in 2015. He was a great person, larger than life, full of energy and enthusiasm. He loved walking and had walked from his Irish home to Santiago on one occasion and had also walked the Appalachian trail. He did not die on the Camino, but some of his friends and erstwhile travelling companions thought it an appropriate place to put a memorial.
He loved the culture of whatever country he lived in, and especially the music, dance and sport of his own country. I was at this funeral and the church was full and so was a marquee in the grounds and many hundreds of people followed it around the world. We miss him greatly. RIPPaudie page 1.jpg

marylynn

Ontario Canada
Camino(s) past & future
2011-2019 CF, Arles/Aragones
2015 & 2017 HærvejenDK
I recognized the photo of the sculpture at Monte de Gozo and I thought I remembered a plaque on the base in honour of a priest. I had never heard of him, but at the time, I thought he must be pretty special to have the memorial there. I searched my archives and found the photo of his monument/plaque from when I walked into Santiago in 2017. He sounds like a wonderful person, missed by many, I am sure.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago March 18 , Camino Frances June 18 Camino Frances May 19 ,May 2020
Congratulations on reaching Santiago , enjoy the next section .

Advertisement

Booking.com