Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

At the airport!

peregrina2000

Staff member
So another camino begins. Just went through TSA and specifically asked the personnel about my collapsed hiking poles in my pack and whether there was any doubt or inconsistency in the regulations. Once again, they told me they are fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

More interesting than this endless TSA debate, though, is the fact that I am soon embarking on the first of three flights to Barcelona. Tomorrow I will meet @anniethenurse in the Ars cafe in the train station and start our train and taxi journey to Riumar and the start of the Ruta del Ebro.

Walking on Thursday!!!! Buen camino to all, Laurie.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

jerbear

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
keep enjoying!

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

LauraK

Leon-Santiago (2004) Roncesvalles-Leon (2006) Camino Frances (2012) Kumano Kodo-Japan (2014) Camino Sanabres/Salamanca-Santiago (March 2015) Camino Del Salvador and Camino Primativo (Oct 2015)
Laurie: Have a wonderful camino...I look forward to hearing about your camino and the helpful recommendations you always provide! Buen Camino!

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Like like like!!!!!
A very well deserved and heartfelt Buen Camino to you, Laurie (and Annie!). I'm just back into the connected realm and was thinking of you yesterday as I was uploading a few pics of Santo Domingo de Silos. Given how only the last few days into Burgos were, well--you're in for a big treat!
May it be an unfolding joy.......Ultreia and muy buen Camino!

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
May all your planes be on time and all your plans line up beautifully! SY

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Buen Camino Laurie and Annie!

annakappa

Veteran Member
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Buen Camino Laurie and also to Annie. Enjoy!!!

W

whariwharangi

So another camino begins. Just went through TSA and specifically asked the personnel about my collapsed hiking poles in my pack and whether there was any doubt or inconsistency in the regulations. Once again, they told me they are fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

More interesting than this endless TSA debate, though, is the fact that I am soon embarking on the first of three flights to Barcelona. Tomorrow I will meet @anniethenurse in the Ars cafe in the train station and start our train and taxi journey to Riumar and the start of the Ruta del Ebro.

The place to ask then is in Santiago Airport ... should you pass that way. Ask them why they are the only airport where trekking poles are not being permitted through security.

Buen Camino

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

movinmaggie

Veteran Member

Buen Camino Laurie…we will all be awaiting your posts.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

OTH86

Veteran Member
Have a wonderful time! And Laurie, thanks so much for the Pensao Prata tip in Lisbon! it was a great place and perfectly located!!! Buen Camino!
Terry

RABOTTS

(2015)
Buen Camino!

Had a great Camino and just returned yesterday and found out about returning through Customs and TSA in Chicago.

Be sure to have 4+ hours between flights to clear customs and TSA. It takes longer to get through security in Chicago than it takes to fly from Chicago to the west coast. Non US citizens have a longer wait.

TSA will take any wine or spirits that are not in the special TSA sealed bags that the Chicago duty free shop has in the airport. Basically forget buying these items in the overseas duty free shops unless they have the special bags unless you find a way to check them with your baggage.

Other than Chicago security, I had a great trip home. Iberia airlines is showing a new Camino film based on Hap Kerkeling's book

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Buen Camino!

Had a great Camino and just returned yesterday and found out about returning through Customs and TSA in Chicago.

Be sure to have 4+ hours between flights to clear customs and TSA. It takes longer to get through security in Chicago than it takes to fly from Chicago to the west coast. Non US citizens have a longer wait.

TSA will take any wine or spirits that are not in the special TSA sealed bags that the Chicago duty free shop has in the airport. Basically forget buying these items in the overseas duty free shops unless they have the special bags unless you find a way to check them with your baggage.

Other than Chicago security, I had a great trip home. Iberia airlines is showing a new Camino film based on Hap Kerkeling's book
And what is Hap Kerkelig's book??

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

RABOTTS

(2015)
The book is I'm Off Then: Losing and Finding Myself on the Camino de Santiago released in 2006. It has sold 5 millon copies and the best selling German nonfiction book in the last 70 years (Variety)
The book is about his 2001 Camino and beginning career as a German comedian. The 2015 movie, Ich bin dann mal weg: Meine Reise auf dem Jakobsweg, is in German and and what I saw had English subtitles.

angeliki louk

July 2014 camino Frances.
June 2015 Camino north
Camino primitivo

Buen camino!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings